Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blaming whichever colour government is in power, or the council, or social services, or the Police, is a cop-out IMO. I've seen plenty of lads from deprived areas who have never been in trouble with the law, despite only having eggs and bread every day for their main meal. One such guy, also with learning disability, has worked in the local shop since he was 16, he's now 42. Pays for everything himself. His (single) mum went through hell to bring him up properly but succeeded in doing a grand job. Trying to blame everyone else is precisely the attitude of those on the Cardiff street who started a mini riot

C R

Über Member
I would point out that a family that can afford a 4k bike for a birthday present isn't a family that could be qualified as deprived, regardless of the area where they live.

D

Deleted member 49

I would point out that a family that can afford a 4k bike for a birthday present isn't a family that could be qualified as deprived, regardless of the area where they live.
Pay weekly/monthly/credit card ?

Are loan sharks really lending 4k to a family that lives hand to mouth?

Probably, yes. That or so called 'non status' loans.

ATM we know the bike existed, which of the two it belonged to and that it was a birthday present. Some reports say the donor was an aunt rather than a parent. I'm not sure we know the income and assets of either.

No doubt the full facts will come out over time...

C R

Über Member
Who are you Rishi Sunak? Out of touch with the real world.

Maybe I am out of touch. What I know is that the people around here that have that sort of bike are not on benefits. The families that are on benefits don't really have the cash or the ability to get the cash to splurge like that.

multitool

I'm just waiting for Shep to appear to tell us all about the uneasy relationship between delayed gratification and the underclass

Milzy

Maybe I am out of touch. What I know is that the people around here that have that sort of bike are not on benefits. The families that are on benefits don't really have the cash or the ability to get the cash to splurge like that.

There’s many on benefits who work cash in hand, sell IPTV lines and drugs. Pick rubbish up for money then fly tip it the list goes on. IPTV alone could get you £1000 on a good week.

Top Bottom