Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Selectively quoting what I said.

it was the relevant bit, no?!?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Isn’t there yet another police “chase” incident in Nottingham. Man killed three people, stole a van, was being followed by police when he collided with another two or three people. According to ITV News.

I’ve seen no reports that the collision with the pedestrians could be the consequence of being pursued or followed by police.

The reports I have read suggest rather that, having earlier stabbed three people (including the van’s owner), the suspect stole the van and subsequently used it as a weapon to deliberately target more people.

The police were behind the van at a point before the second of the two collisions with pedestrians and, as with any collision where a police vehicle was in the vicinity, that collision was referred to IOPC by the police.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
it was the relevant bit, no?!?

No. The word “chase” was in quotes. The bit you failed to quote used the word follow, as used in the actual news report. The quotes were to indicate that using the word “chase” is, IMHO, potentially misleading and inflammatory.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
No. The word “chase” was in quotes. The bit you failed to quote used the word follow, as used in the actual news report. The quotes were to indicate that using the word “chase” is, IMHO, potentially misleading and inflammatory.

Then why did you introduce it?

Was the word “chase” used in the ITV report you referred to?

BoldonLad

I’ve seen no reports that the collision with the pedestrians could be the consequence of being pursued or followed by police.

The reports I have read suggest rather that, having earlier stabbed three people (including the van’s owner), the suspect stole the van and subsequently used it as a weapon to deliberately target more people.

The police were behind the van at a point before the second of the two collisions with pedestrians and, as with any collision where a police vehicle was in the vicinity, that collision was referred to IOPC by the police.

Quite. Similarly I haven’t seen any report saying that a police vehicle was in the vicinity at the time the youths on the e-bike crashed.

Todays report on the BBC website, claims a vehicle “had sight” of the van at the time of one collision, and that the police stopped to render first aid.

BoldonLad

So your message would have been clearer without it, surely.
Putting it in your own post only served to create a problem.

If that is your view, so be it.

multitool

Egg-thief update, for those marginally interested.

PCSOs came round to day to meet a bunch of residents at ours. Case progressing nicely with PCSOs now having enough evidence to apply for various injunctions against the junkies.

They are hoping to get junkie woman banned entirely from village (she lives in nearby town). That should put a stop to rampant shop-lifting from non-profit volunteer manned community shop, and also the late night shouting matches in the street. CID are investigating the drug dealing car.

It transpires the council are refusing to collect the junkies bins because of needles, and we've asked the local primary school to stop the children's litter pick off school grounds as used needles have been found.

There is to be a PSCO run meeting in the village to open up avenues for the intimidated elderly to speak to them, and give evidence.

It is really heartening that there are local resources and avenues to deal with ASB. These fụckers have blighted the community for 3.5 years. They've had their chance and now we are going to shut them down.

Top Bottom