Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
I had not appreciated that they (the junkies) actually lived IN the sheltered housing complex. Seems like a rather foolish move by the Council. Don't they have an age profile for sheltered housing in that area (I am assuming junkies are less than 55yo), and, don't they do any kind of background check, before moving people into sheltered housing?

Mad, isn't it. And this is what we are trying to unearth.

Even if the junkies are removed we are minded to press ahead with a tribunal to bring all this out into the open to try and prevent it happening again whether here or elsewhere. Its a serious safeguarding failure.

Despite the mockery from a handful of pathetic bullies on here, it really is a small row of about 7 tiny bungalows for very vulnerable people, all of whom are elderly, one of whom is a double amputee and the rest with either serious or terminal health conditions. These are not people with a voice, power, or much of stake in society, and it looks as if a petty local council bureaucrat chose to ignore them and then gaslight them because he needed to solve a housing issue at the beginning of the Covid lockdown.

spen666

Mad, isn't it. And this is what we are trying to unearth.

Even if the junkies are removed we are minded to press ahead with a tribunal to bring all this out into the open to try and prevent it happening again whether here or elsewhere. Its a serious safeguarding failure.

Despite the mockery from a handful of pathetic bullies on here, it really is a small row of about 7 tiny bungalows for very vulnerable people, all of whom are elderly, one of whom is a double amputee and the rest with either serious or terminal health conditions. These are not people with a voice, power, or much of stake in society, and it looks as if a petty local council bureaucrat chose to ignore them and then gaslight them because he needed to solve a housing issue at the beginning of the Covid lockdown.

What sort of tribunal are you thinking of ? and what legal standing do you have to be a party to such proceedings?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It hasn't taken the police three years. It's taken a few months. If you don't understand that, then you haven't been paying attention to what this thread (as it is now) is all about.

They aren't 'speculating'. They are describing the likely outcome to the victims, and the process following it.

I've been paying attention. You've gone from eggs and phone booth library stashes to where you are now. Which is apparently council corruption and fark knows what else.

As I've said, I hope you get whatever resolution you want out of this.

The ombudsman scheme is not a tribunal, hence my seeking clarification as I am not aware of a tribunal that would cover this.

HAving spent a quarter or more of my working life in Administrative Justice I understand the difference between a Tribunal and an Ombudsman.

I doubt, from the perspective of 'a person aggrieved', whether the statutory construction of a redress scheme or how it performs its task there's much difference.

multitool

Shaman
The ombudsman scheme is not a tribunal, hence my seeking clarification as I am not aware of a tribunal that would cover this.

Yes, I'm using the term tribunal in the sense of an authority that makes a decision. I've no idea of the legal standing of an Ombudsman. As I said, this is an evolving process for us.

multitool

Shaman
I've been paying attention. You've gone from eggs and phone booth library stashes to where you are now. Which is apparently council corruption and fark knows what else.

As I've said, I hope you get whatever resolution you want out of this.

You've just been here to snipe and mock, Andy. Constantly. But that's OK. That's just who and what you are. The Internet is, after all, open to everyone.

It makes no difference to anything at all, least of all anything here on the ground. By the way nobody has mentioned "council corruption". That's just you exaggerating (again) to try and mock.

What do I want from this? I want them gone, because I know they are unlikely to ever change. They will evolve to slip around judicial sanctions, but they won't change. They like their life. They have a pretty good time.

I'm far more concerned about the welfare of their neighbours than I am about them because I can do something about that, but I cannot realistically do anything to get the junkies to change their ways.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You've just been here to snipe and mock, Andy. Constantly. But that's OK. That's just who and what you are. The Internet is, after all, open to everyone.

It makes no difference to anything at all, least of all anything here on the ground. By the way nobody has mentioned "council corruption". That's just you exaggerating (again) to try and mock.

What do I want from this? I want them gone, because I know they are unlikely to ever change. They will evolve to slip around judicial sanctions, but they won't change. They like their life. They have a pretty good time.

I'm far more concerned about the welfare of their neighbours than I am about them because I can do something about that, but I cannot realistically do anything to get the junkies to change their ways.

I haven't actually, I've repeatedly said that I'm pleased you're sticking up for your local community. I've taken the piss out of your methods and questioned the eggs and milk thing, but whatever.

You want them gone, fine. They'll be someone else's problem, not yours.

multitool

Shaman
You want them gone, fine. They'll be someone else's problem, not yours.

Yes, and unfortunately this appears to be the only option, not least because I know that rehab resources were put in place for the junkie woman, but she didn't attend. Like I said, they like their lifestyle.

Yes, and unfortunately this appears to be the only option, not least because I know that rehab resources were put in place for the junkie woman, but she didn't attend. Like I said, they like their lifestyle.

Rehab is probably why they're in sheltered accom. It was probably never suitable but, if our experience with Mrs B's Mum who had mild/moderate dementia is anything to go by any support that went with sheltered accom has reduced massively.

In her case it went from an on site warden at the time she moved in to a part time peripatetic person shared with other sites and finally to a phone service. Even when the alarm in the shower was pulled all that happened was that Liz was called by the call handler.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

So they'll start the cycle all over again elsewhere. Great. Hopefully wherever they get shuffled along to will have an equally diligent neighbourhood watchdog who takes years to act on their convictions.

Top Bottom