Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
The creatures outside looked from bronco to tool, from tool to bronco, and from bronco to tool again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Bla.

You know you are a moral coward. And so do I.

Do I care? Not really.

Should you? Emphatically.

spen666

One of police drivers involved is being investigated for dangerous driving:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...icer-being-investigated-for-dangerous-driving

At this stage, its a bit of a non story. In the circumstances, the IOPC would not be doing their job if they did not investigate whether the police van driver committed moving traffic offences.

We are at the start ( despite 2 months elapsing since the incident) of an investigation. The fact there is an investigation means nothing at this stage. Lets see whether any charges follow, even then, that would only be the start of a criminal prosecution and does not mean officer is necessarily guilty of anything. Innocent until proven guilty etc

I would not hold your breath waiting for this investigation to conclude. Even then it is likely to be another year to 18 months at least before any case came to trial ( with current delays and backlogs in system). It would not surprise me to still be waiting in 2025 or later for an outcome if there is a trial

albion

Guru
Age here, but for solar panels.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...fires-safety-fears-energy-bills-b2407950.html
'However, new data from 45 of the UK’s 52 fire authorities, suggests that the first wave of solar panels installed under the government’s Feed in Tariff (FiT) subsidies introduced in 2010, are increasingly catching fire.'

'arcing – a common cause of fires, explained Cpt Birts. If installations were faulty in the first place, the risk of fire dramatically increases over time. “If you make the wrong connection, then the honeymoon period, which normally lasts around five years, will be over,” said Cpt Birts.'

Seems the solution is 'micro inverters can be connected to convert the output to a safer 230V AC'.

Good article

spen666

@spen666 No argument with your analysis. I guess the notice mentioned is same as/analogous to a NIP. On the face their may be a case.

Breathing normally.

It's not really analogous to a NIP. Police Officers have to be served with a notice earlier than in a NIP situation.

Although in reality we are probably splitting hairs on this

MrGrumpy

Regular
Age here, but for solar panels.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...fires-safety-fears-energy-bills-b2407950.html
'However, new data from 45 of the UK’s 52 fire authorities, suggests that the first wave of solar panels installed under the government’s Feed in Tariff (FiT) subsidies introduced in 2010, are increasingly catching fire.'

'arcing – a common cause of fires, explained Cpt Birts. If installations were faulty in the first place, the risk of fire dramatically increases over time. “If you make the wrong connection, then the honeymoon period, which normally lasts around five years, will be over,” said Cpt Birts.'

Seems the solution is 'micro inverters can be connected to convert the output to a safer 230V AC'.

Good article

Bad article , poor factual evidence .

https://www.brightonenergy.org.uk/electric-arcs-solar-fire/

multitool

Shaman
We have documented everything. Quite happy to submit a well-written, cogent summary of evidence to demonstrate at best incompetence and let the Ombudsman make his/her mind up.

The principal aim is to remove the blight from the elderly people's lives. It is quite time consuming, so frankly after we've dealt with the criminals anything else is a supplementary bonus.

Update: Nearly rid of him.;)

Just heard, though, that he has been targeting a vulnerable person outside of the village, entering their house, taking money from them etc. AndyRM will be along soon to offer his sympathies to the perpetrator.

Interesting process which demonstrates that if you are elderly and/or vulnerable you'd better hope that you've some people around you willing to advocate for you or you will be largely invisible. This guy had been shouting through people's letter boxes, entering their houses to steal etc etc.etc etc. We had to visit the elderly with reporting forms to fill in and do it for them because they couldn't do it for themselves and were terrified of reprisals.

Some of them were too scared to come out of their houses because if they encountered him he'd shout "Boo!" at them. (something the resident forum vermin like Rusty and Fozy will doubtless find amusing).

We ended up with a two prong attack; one via ASB process and the police (PCSOs) who were very attentive, but nevertheless warned us that it would be a lengthy process. We are at the point whereby they are applying for an injunction at which point we can start to make his life very difficult.

We also went to the head of social housing at the council after we discovered an underling had been 'closing cases' every time we sent in a report. We launched a complaint procedure which has been upheld. We've bombarded them, demanded many meetings and generally made a nuisance of ourselves. They've circumvented their eviction process and offered him another flat in a nearby town, which I suspect he'll accept as it is starting to dawn on him that his time is running out. I've found out where the flat is, and he'll be surrounded by people just like him.

This whole thing has taken countless man-hours. For one turd who has yet to face any real consequences other than be moved from one flat to another, paid for by us.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You must have a particularly inept police force if it's taken this long. A couple moved in to the house at the end of our street, obviously dealing, and were moved on with a month after their neighbour, who has two young children, complained.

At least he's getting moved on, though why you give a sh!t where that's too is beyond me, because from what I remember of this saga you just wanted rid and that was that.

multitool

Shaman
At least he's getting moved on, though why you give a sh!t where that's too is beyond me, because from what I remember of this saga you just wanted rid and that was that.

As if there is any other outcome from my perspective.

I'm pleased he will be surrounded by people like him though.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
... (something the resident forum vermin like Rusty and Fozy will doubtless find amusing).

giphy.gif

Top Bottom