Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
So they'll start the cycle all over again elsewhere. Great. Hopefully wherever they get shuffled along to will have an equally diligent neighbourhood watchdog who takes years to act on their convictions.

Yet another snipe. We acted immediately we realised the extent of the problem.

So what would you have done O Great One? Let's hear it...

That they'll be moved along to be a problem in somebody else's back yard is, unfortunately, a given.

The only way that might change would be when we stop punishing addicts as criminals and treat their habit as the medical issue it actually is.

multitool

Shaman
That they'll be moved along to be a problem in somebody else's back yard is, unfortunately, a given.

The only way that might change would be when we stop punishing addicts as criminals and treat their habit as the medical issue it actually is.

I agree, and I've said this upthread, notwithstanding the fact that some people are scummy regardless and/or thick. There will probably always be people like this in society.

There doesn't seem to be an appetite for an effective harm-reduction model, because of puritan attitudes towards the use of certain substances.

spen666

Yes, I'm using the term tribunal in the sense of an authority that makes a decision. I've no idea of the legal standing of an Ombudsman. As I said, this is an evolving process for us.

I was more concerned that you are less likely to get the opportunity to stand up in front of someone and say your piece. It is more likely to be written submissions. The end outcome may be the same in terms of findings, but if you were expecting to verbalise the maladministration you have outlined here, then you may not get the same sense of "Justice".

Often people feel they want to be heard and not merely make submissions in writing

I was more concerned that you are less likely to get the opportunity to stand up in front of someone and say your piece. It is more likely to be written submissions. The end outcome may be the same in terms of findings, but if you were expecting to verbalise the maladministration you have outlined here, then you may not get the same sense of "Justice".

Often people feel they want to be heard and not merely make submissions in writing

I'd agree with that. Few, if any, Ombos have public hearings.

multitool

Shaman

We have documented everything. Quite happy to submit a well-written, cogent summary of evidence to demonstrate at best incompetence and let the Ombudsman make his/her mind up.

The principal aim is to remove the blight from the elderly people's lives. It is quite time consuming, so frankly after we've dealt with the criminals anything else is a supplementary bonus.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I agree, and I've said this upthread, notwithstanding the fact that some people are scummy regardless and/or thick. There will probably always be people like this in society.

There doesn't seem to be an appetite for an effective harm-reduction model, because of puritan attitudes towards the use of certain substances.

Sadly, always has been, always will be is my view. That does mean that society shouldn't strive to contain the damage/distress they cause.

Reactions: C R

stephec

Regular
I had not appreciated that they (the junkies) actually lived IN the sheltered housing complex. Seems like a rather foolish move by the Council. Don't they have an age profile for sheltered housing in that area (I am assuming junkies are less than 55yo), and, don't they do any kind of background check, before moving people into sheltered housing?

A similar thing happened not too far from me, there's a group of around twenty bungalows all occupied by oaps, then one day a late thirties single male moves in who turns out to be a drug dealer.

For a few months there was cars blasting up and down the street, and people banging on his door and shouting at all times of day.

Then one day two blokes drive a transit van through his garden fence and pop inside for a little chat, probably employees of his dealer who he owes money to, but luckily for his neighbours he vanished a few days later and hasn't been seen since.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Snipe? Hardly. I've complimented you on your care for the community efforts.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Things moving very fast now. Police Vulnerabilities Officer now involved, and they are actively working to get junkie out of the sheltered housing, for all the reasons that people like Rusty Nails and Fozy found so hilarious and worthy of mockery.

This couple are, it seems, pretty notorious. Both in court today. Junkie girl expected to go down, and if it doesn't happen this time, the police say they have enough on her to get her arrested and in court again pretty much straight away.

Point of order. I only felt your vainglorious commentary hilarious and worthy of mockery, and used black humour to that effect.

You've done a good deed, well done, you've had the piss taken out of you for the telling of it, and no elderly people, other than possibly me, were harmed by the posts' responses.

If anybody CBA enough to look, which I doubt, all the posts on this topic in this thread and the Starmer thread, are available for people to make up their own minds.

I hope this post is not seen as another attempt at bullying you as I hadn't realised you were such a sensitive soul. Especially when you use phrases like:

Cünts going to get strung up.

we are going after this little petty functionary who is ignoring these old people because he can. Fûcker is in for a rough ride

he will be dealt with in ways that he had not anticipated.

multitool

Shaman
Point of order. I only felt your vainglorious commentary hilarious and worthy of mockery, and used black humour to that effect.

If anybody CBA enough to look, which I doubt, all the posts on this topic in this thread and the Starmer thread, are available for people to make up their own minds.

I hope this post is not seen as another attempt at bullying you as I hadn't realised you were such a sensitive soul. Especially when you use phrases like:

You and Fozy tag-teamed and directly mocked the vulnerable residents making fun of their health conditions and implied dishonesty on my part.

In all honesty I suspect you probably regret it, and knowing what you know now would not have done it in the first place.

Of course, the option is there for you to apologise.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You and Fozy tag-teamed and directly mocked the vulnerable residents making fun of their health conditions and implied dishonesty on my part.

In all honesty I suspect you probably regret it, and knowing what you know now would not have done it in the first place.

Of course, the option is there for you to apologise.

I repeat again, but, like before, I do not expect an answer; where did I do that?

You inferring something from my posts is not the same as me implying it, but then I should expect nothing else from someone with no sense of humour or ability to laugh at himself. That is why I will always have the advantage over you because I take neither myself nor my witterings on an offshoot of a cycling internet forum very seriously.

Like Edith Piaf, "je ne regrette rien", but, if any of your elderly and infirm neighbours feel upset then of course I will apologise to them.

multitool

Shaman
I repeat again, but, like before, I do not expect an answer; where did I do that?

You inferring something from my posts is not the same as me implying it, but then I should expect nothing else from someone with no sense of humour or ability to laugh at himself. That is why I will always have the advantage over you because I take neither myself nor my witterings on an offshoot of a cycling internet forum very seriously.

Like Edith Piaf, "je ne regrette rien", but, if any of your elderly and infirm neighbours feel upset then of course I will apologise to them.

I kind of expected this. That's not to say that I'm not a little disappointed but there we are.

Top Bottom