Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
BBC is now reporting the DCC as saying there was no other vehicle involved:
  • Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Bacon set out a timeline of events, and said the crash took place half a mile away from a police vehicle
  • She said there were no police in Snowden Road, where the crash took place, and that no other vehicle was involved in the incident

Yes, just seen/heard that.

BBC is now reporting the DCC as saying there was no other vehicle involved:
  • Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Bacon set out a timeline of events, and said the crash took place half a mile away from a police vehicle
  • She said there were no police in Snowden Road, where the crash took place, and that no other vehicle was involved in the incident

Hiesenburgs Constabulary....

ebikeerwidnes

Seems like the van saw them and followed
they legged it - as they would
the van followed
they cut up a road wihich was blocked off - dunno whetehr that was roadworks or permanent but they are local and know their way round

so they lost the van

then went up that road
and onto another road

and crashed

so not being chased at the time
probably buzzing from losing the cops

lost control

which is sad for their family

BIG problem is the false information given to the PCC to give out

then not coming clean when they got all the info - and trying to make it look good

if they had just said - look, we had someinformation but it was not complete - sorry but here is everything we know now

then they could swing it

but they went with more coverup - and protect the Police
which we have seen before

When will they learn??

• Sad
Reactions: C R

matticus

Guru
if they had just said ...

And then you'd be saying on here what a good, honest job they did with communications?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

spen666

Seems like the van saw them and followed
they legged it - as they would
the van followed
they cut up a road wihich was blocked off - dunno whetehr that was roadworks or permanent but they are local and know their way round

so they lost the van

then went up that road
and onto another road

and crashed

so not being chased at the time
probably buzzing from losing the cops

lost control

which is sad for their family

BIG problem is the false information given to the PCC to give out

then not coming clean when they got all the info - and trying to make it look good

if they had just said - look, we had someinformation but it was not complete - sorry but here is everything we know now

then they could swing it

but they went with more coverup - and protect the Police
which we have seen before

When will they learn??

The police correctly said they were not chasing the criminals at the time of crash.

You have said the police were not chasing them at the time of the crash

monkers

Legendary Member
Did anyone else see that shadowy figure on the grassy knoll?

It was Ann Widdecombe. I have photo evidence.

bread and fish.jpg

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Why is no one in the media focusing on the illegal bike? What are the police supposed to do? From what I can see they were following at a reasonable distance and safe speed.
What if the bike had hit a toddler or old lady?
It just seems to be a case of easy police bashing.

spen666

Why is no one in the media focusing on the illegal bike? What are the police supposed to do? From what I can see they were following at a reasonable distance and safe speed.

This is so true.

Unless the 2 were hit by another vehicle doing an illegal manouvere or they died avoiding such a vehicle, then the 2 are the sole authors of their misfortune.

The family blaming the police seem to forget their children were allowed by their parents to ride illegal road vehicles repeatedly They seem to think its something to be proud of that their children were regularly riding these illegal vehicles on the road

In the eyes of the law, parents are still responsible for controlling their children whilst still minors

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Perhaps because, unlike the car following them (and possibly the cops inside it), they are not a very big risk to others?

38795542-9211043-image-m-37_1612293027685.jpg

D

Deleted member 49

Irrelevant, M'Lord!!! There was no police car following them when they crashed and killed themselves.
Maybe the police need to do a little better on their PR work....show some compassion!
Two kids are dead...a year or so younger than my own two.Its heartbreaking,but maybe if you take all public services away from teenagers and offer them very little in the way of a future .Then dont act shocked when they turn to finding their own way of having fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you take all public services away from teenagers and offer them very little in the way of a future ? Then dont act shocked when they turn to finding their own way of having fun

That's the parents responsibility though isn't it? The mother openly admitted that they'd had it for months but she didn't know whose it was. I'd be quicker to place repsonsibility on the mother/parents than I would the Police, Council or Government. Plenty of other deprived teenagers don't steal (I'm alleging) ebikes and ride them on public roads, causing harm to themsleves or others. I know social services has been a total failure for years, as has CAMHS, and any other support these lads might have needed. But more things could have been done earlier on to at least try to prevent this

matticus

Guru
Maybe the police need to do a little better on their PR work....show some compassion!
Two kids are dead...a year or so younger than my own two.Its heartbreaking,but maybe if you take all public services away from teenagers and offer them very little in the way of a future .Then dont act shocked when they turn to finding their own way of having fun.

The police were kinda busy dealing with 150 rioters, from 5pm thru to the next morning. Locals cars torched, 15 officers injured.

But oh no, PR comes first. Good to see your priorities Adam ...

D

Deleted member 49

The police were kinda busy dealing with 150 rioters, from 5pm thru to the next morning. Locals cars torched, 15 officers injured.

But oh no, PR comes first. Good to see your priorities Adam ...
What was it that sparked those riots again ?
My priorities would be with two dead kids...not how shall we play this with the media.

multitool

Obviously Adam would adapt his line if the teenagers had barrelled into an 80 year old grandma crossing the road, killing her outright.

It would be something about lack of social care for the elderly or closing bingo halls for luxury apartment developments.

p.s. I grew up in the 70s and 80s and we used to make bombs for fun.

Top Bottom