Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Cynical wonders if those rioting were just friends of a similar mindset.

Almost certainly.

That doesn't mean that they don't have legitimate grievances. It's incredibly hard to drag yourself out of a quagmire if you were born into it and want to get out. Everything is against you.

D

Deleted member 49

Obviously Adam would adapt his line if the teenagers had barrelled into an 80 year old grandma crossing the road, killing her outright.
Only if it was my own grandma obviously 🙄
But they didn't,looks like a terrible accident and they killed themselves.
It would be something about lack of social care for the elderly or closing bingo halls for luxury apartment developments.
Nah more like deprivation,distrust,disillusionment which can have a devastating effect on kids.I never mentioned elderly thats your silly angle.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s and we used to make bombs for fun.
Belfast ?

Last edited by a moderator:

spen666

Only if it was my own grandma obviously 🙄
But they didn't,looks like a terrible accident and they killed themselves.

Nah more like deprivation,distrust,disillusionment which can have a devastating effect on kids.I never mentioned elderly thats your silly angle.

Belfast ?

End of debate - rioting is absolutely nothing to do with police

BTW What is achieved by rioting and destroying vehicles and property of those who live nearby to the deceased who had nothing to do with the death?

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Why is no one in the media focusing on the illegal bike? What are the police supposed to do? From what I can see they were following at a reasonable distance and safe speed.
What if the bike had hit a toddler or old lady?
It just seems to be a case of easy police bashing.

Quite

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Maybe the police need to do a little better on their PR work....show some compassion!
Two kids are dead...a year or so younger than my own two.Its heartbreaking,but maybe if you take all public services away from teenagers and offer them very little in the way of a future .Then dont act shocked when they turn to finding their own way of having fun.

Definately, Tories to blame

matticus

Guru
Seems to me from what I've read that the police first denied chasing the boys and then admitted they were....otherwise known as lying.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...as-pursuing-teenagers-in-cardiff-force-admits

This is the earliest quote I can find from the police:

"
Assistant Chief Constable Mark Travis said: “First and foremost our thoughts are with families of the two boys who have died following the collision in Ely and with those affected by the disorder which followed.

“These are scenes we do not expect to see in our communities, particularly a close-knit community such as Ely. We received a large number of calls from residents who were understandably frightened by the actions of this large group who were intent on causing crime and disorder.

“The level of violence towards emergency services and the damage to property and vehicles was totally unacceptable."
So THEIR first thoughts are for the families of the two boys.
ADAM's first thought was to accuse the police of lying.

Apparently.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This is the earliest quote I can find from the police:

"

So THEIR first thoughts are for the families of the two boys.
ADAM's first thought was to accuse the police of lying.

Apparently.

Not much experience of the police system then?

I've had good and bad, probably err on the side of the good, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the police are regarded with suspicion in a lot of situations.

Top Bottom