Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Not much experience of the police system then?

I've had good and bad, probably err on the side of the good, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the police are regarded with suspicion in a lot of situations.

Irrelevant.

We are dealing with fact, not prejudice.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The Guardian said it was a direct consequence of the 1991 Bread Riots (in the same town).

Yes, but, were the bread riots not fault of the Tories?

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
The Guardian said it was a direct consequence of the 1991 Bread Riots (in the same town).

Wow. I’ve just done a bit of Wiki research into the Cardiff bread riots. It seems to have a racial element. It’s amazing what causes riots in deprived areas. Hot weather does seem to play a significant factor.

In 1991, tensions were raised when a dispute broke out between two shopkeepers in Ely over council restrictions over what each shop could sell.[4] Abdul Waheed, a Pakistani-born shopowner who had opened his store at 70 Wilson Road seven years earlier,[5] was accused by some locals of trying to put a white shopkeeper,[3] Carl Agius, who was of Maltese descent,[4][5] out of business. Waheed had obtained a court injunction that banned the rival shop from selling bread and other food products at discounted prices.[2] The pair had been involved in a long running dispute over the sale of certain products that had been ongoing for two years prior to the incident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Ely_bread_riots

spen666

Wow. I’ve just done a bit of Wiki research into the Cardiff bread riots. It seems to have a racial element. It’s amazing what causes riots in deprived areas. Hot weather does seem to play a significant factor.

In 1991, tensions were raised when a dispute broke out between two shopkeepers in Ely over council restrictions over what each shop could sell.[4] Abdul Waheed, a Pakistani-born shopowner who had opened his store at 70 Wilson Road seven years earlier,[5] was accused by some locals of trying to put a white shopkeeper,[3] Carl Agius, who was of Maltese descent,[4][5] out of business. Waheed had obtained a court injunction that banned the rival shop from selling bread and other food products at discounted prices.[2] The pair had been involved in a long running dispute over the sale of certain products that had been ongoing for two years prior to the incident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Ely_bread_riots

Would love to have seen that court case. Bit of an unusual order for a court to make

matticus

Guru
Not much experience of the police system then?

I've had good and bad, probably err on the side of the good, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the police are regarded with suspicion in a lot of situations.

You're just posting random anti-Dibble sh1te again! Hope it cheers you up 🫂

matticus

Guru
You allready know the outcome of the enquiry then ?

Andy wrote:
"there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the police are regarded with suspicion in a lot of situations."
That's just stating a prejudice. How does it contribute to the enquiry?

D

Deleted member 49

Of course I don't. But I do know that statements like "The police are lying because they always lie" are not based on fact but prejudice.
But nobody said that did they ?

Ian H

Legendary Member
Andy wrote:
"there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the police are regarded with suspicion in a lot of situations."
That's just stating a prejudice. How does it contribute to the enquiry?

There is often a good reason for suspicion. Based on observation and experience, I'd share it to some extent.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
There were some confused messages coming from the Police soon after the incident, but it is far too soon and not enough information to classify this as lying...depending on one's prejudices or gullibility.

Why wait for the truth, when an uninformed theory is readily available.

Top Bottom