Concentration camps and global warming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Ok hardly the point, the point is if by some miracle there woul be a party with a majority that would enforce mandated vegan or vegetarianism, the global warming issues would still be the same. Apart from the fact whether it is debateable if it such an issue as predicted.

But the main issues are caused by the amount of people not or diet and fixation on only one number, based on farking simulations intead of real life measurements.
Apart from that i do thing does mega farms are bad, i buy my eggs etc from local farmers wherever possible. (where the chickens and other animals. have the space)
But there won't be a party that 'enforces' Veganism/Vegetarianism....but there should be against factory farming and the huge massive carbon footprint.

icowden

Legendary Member
It's
cause i farking said he is.....now fark off racist

It's incisive well researched debate like this that truly inspires the respect we have for you as a poster @jowwy.
Now go back to your room and play with your games, or maybe read "how to make friends and influence people".

icowden

Legendary Member
On another note - I'm not sure that "concentration camp" is an appropriate term to use for intensive livestock farming. Seems a little disrespectful.

On the other hand, I do agree that we should be trying to get rid of intensive livestock farming. I'm not sure I could ever be vegetarian (although vegetarian alternatives to meat are getting better every year), but increasing prices for properly looked after animals I don't have an issue with. Historically we never used to eat this much meat.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
It's

It's incisive well researched debate like this that truly inspires the respect we have for you as a poster @jowwy.
Now go back to your room and play with your games, or maybe read "how to make friends and influence people".

here's another one....still sucks on his mothers nipple for bedtime milk, farking melt

But there won't be a party that 'enforces' Veganism/Vegetarianism....but there should be against factory farming and the huge massive carbon footprint.
I was responding to the topic poster who was expression such a wish, in the process claiming it would solve/help with global warming which is nonsense.
I agree with you on factory farming they shouldn't allow that, as the matter of fact with normal sized farms much of the co2 issues wouldn't exist, our environment can deal with co2 just not with massive numbers on one spot, which you get from those mass farms.

On another note - I'm not sure that "concentration camp" is an appropriate term to use for intensive livestock farming. Seems a little disrespectful.
mass farming is disrespectful.
On the other hand, I do agree that we should be trying to get rid of intensive livestock farming. I'm not sure I could ever be vegetarian (although vegetarian alternatives to meat are getting better every year), but increasing prices for properly looked after animals I don't have an issue with. Historically we never used to eat this much meat.
Agreed alltough, the meat alternatives are also creating extra co2 so then you get all those 16 year olds that don't known how numbers work in relation to the atmosphere complaining that we killed their youth or something.
You don't need to increase prices much, just buy direct from the farmer, my eggs cost the same as supermarket bought ones for example. there just better(but in taste and source)

D

Deleted member 49

I was responding to the topic poster who was expression such a wish, in the process claiming it would solve/help with global warming which is nonsense.
I agree with you on factory farming they shouldn't allow that, as the matter of fact with normal sized farms much of the co2 issues wouldn't exist, our environment can deal with co2 just not with massive numbers on one spot, which you get from those mass farms.
Yea right it's all nonsense lol.

icowden

Legendary Member
mass farming is disrespectful.
To whom?

You are aware that the term "concentration camp" is very closely associated with Nazi Germany and the Holocaust?

Milkfloat

Playing devils advocate here - do we actually know that a million head of cattle is worse for the entire environment in one location rather than spread out over many, many smaller farms? My logic says that assuming standards are exactly the same then the area around the intensive farm with a million head may be totally screwed but that is offset by economies of scale that would mean far less inputs compared to the total of the smaller farms.

I am not saying that intensive pastoral farming is good, but just don't fully understand the figures. I know that @mudsticks concentrates on growing things that don't run away, but I bet she can help me out.

D

Deleted member 49

Playing devils advocate here - do we actually know that a million head of cattle is worse for the entire environment in one location rather than spread out over many, many smaller farms? My logic says that assuming standards are exactly the same then the area around the intensive farm with a million head may be totally screwed but that is offset by economies of scale that would mean far less inputs compared to the total of the smaller farms.

I am not saying that intensive pastoral farming is good, but just don't fully understand the figures. I know that @mudsticks concentrates on growing things that don't run away, but I bet she can help me out.
The standards are rarely the same.But I take your point.What about the welfare of the animals ?

Milkfloat

The standards are rarely the same.But I take your point.What about the welfare of the animals ?

I think it comes down to regulating the standards, the standards should be the same and should take into consideration the welfare of the animals. I think it is more of a lack of regulation of existing low standards that could be the problem, better regulation of higher standards to me is the solution. But then again, I am an engineer in a tech company and am afraid of big cattle so I have no clue at all.

Top Bottom