Concentration camps and global warming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok hardly the point, the point is if by some miracle there woul be a party with a majority that would enforce mandated vegan or vegetarianism, the global warming issues would still be the same. Apart from the fact whether it is debateable if it such an issue as predicted.

But the main issues are caused by the amount of people not or diet and fixation on only one number, based on farking simulations intead of real life measurements.
Apart from that i do thing does mega farms are bad, i buy my eggs etc from local farmers wherever possible. (where the chickens and other animals. have the space)

Utter tripe....vegan of course....

Ian H

Guru
Sorry, I can’t help but hear a Chris Morris Speak Your Brains vox pop. “Square oxygen. Will it choke us?”

I've corrected it, just to confuse everyone.

I'm one of the few here I suspect that has visited an American beef feed-lot (40,000 head), slaughter-line (400 head/hour on a single line) and packing plant - albeit some 20 years ago. Feed lots now run up to 100,000 head.
The feed-lot is hardly edifying, barren, dusty, vast, cramped, controlled - a long way from the happy pasture-fed EU ways. The slaughter/packing plant was the size of a car factory, from memory 1200 people/shift. The efficiency is awesome, as is the quality of the product. Prime USDA grain fed beef is a well marbled, flavoursome melt-in-the-mouth bit of animal wondrousness AND at an 'affordable' $ price to the consumer.

'Affordable' in this context is loaded....

Good obsolete word resurrection.

And 'net zero' refers to man-made emissions, not the total amount of CO₂ in the atmosphere

Says who? I mean it was kind of the point of my whole rant, something it made and bussword and then slowly but surely the goalpost are moved, so that the definition of what is ''man made'' now, will be different in a few years time. So all those big companies will have more profits by forcing normal poeple to bring their own cups (so they don't have to provide them) to ''save the environment'' but at the end of the line net zero wil actually mean zero change that is. Except for the normal poeple who pay more for less.

Bit like the pandemic, ''where all in this together'' that's why the richest got richer from it.
We need fewer cars, not differently powered cars.
Yet the policies are aimed to replace existing cars and or sell new eletric ones. unequally affecting those poeple who spend all their saving on a goverment backed ''clean diesel'' which is called an ''older pollution vehicle'' now.
I agree with you, a live a fewer tracktors Land rovers on the road would generally be safer. If we ever get affordable autonomous verchiles on a uber like way that would be a great way for lots of people to ditch their car.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Fact of the matter is that a levelled up world simply cannot sustain cars. Especially with their current near 2000kg haulage problem.

Fact of the matter is that a levelled up world simply cannot sustain cars. Especially with their current near 2000kg haulage problem.
2000kg on itself does not say a lot, the problem is more when it's 2000kg just because of luxury status etc. And i stand by my point that it's not helping the only ''greener'' option available seem to be battery cars. Nothing wrong with an Tesla, E-van etc. But there is also nothing wrong with fully plant based diesel feul that can run on any diesel car and is cleaner than regular diesel and with fuel cell, yet, the narrative that is pushed still seems to be ''battery is good, all others suck''
What kind of buzzword is ''leveled up''? sounds like a marketing slogan to sell ''we provide less, you pay more'' along with BS about Co2 reductions, and or donation to the co2 rights bribe fund.

Your problem with plant based fuel is that it will make food less obtainable in 3rd world countries.
You don't fact check your statements do you? ''HVO (Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil) is based on advanced raw materials such as residues and waste. HVO is a 2nd generation biodiesel and meets the standard EN15940 for paraffin fuels.'' it used waste oil products. So no food is taken from the third world, which is a nonsense statement on itself but lets not go off topic to much.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Check out the electric car thread on the mainland. A good proportion of posters can't even cope with the idea of different cars never mind no cars

There is a lot of anti-car rhetoric on CC as a whole

You don't fact check your statements do you? ''HVO (Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil) is based on advanced raw materials such as residues and waste. HVO is a 2nd generation biodiesel and meets the standard EN15940 for paraffin fuels.'' it used waste oil products. So no food is taken from the third world, which is a nonsense statement on itself but lets not go off topic to much.

Please support this statement, because everything I've just read suggests otherwise....

presta

I am not sure how exact they are but the scientific calculation for a vegan world gave a 68% CO2 reduction.
Total food production doesn't add up to that much:

1661469728186.png

You known that turning the world vegan won't solve your problems right? It's just shifting the issue not solving it.
Veganism alone won't solve climate change, but meat is a huge part of the problem:

1661469860449.png

Total food production doesn't add up to that much:

View attachment 2017

Veganism alone won't solve climate change, but meat is a huge part of the problem:

View attachment 2018

The shocker in that for me is Prawns/Shrimp, I hadn't realised it was so high :ohmy:
Clearly demonstrates why a switch to Pig and Poultry would make a notable impact too. These things need to be writ large and Govt. engaged in driving the sheeple and farming in that direction....

Top Bottom