Continuation of Covid Vaccine post from the main site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody else here not had covid yet? I'm the only person I know who hasn't, though it could have been so mild as to be undetectable. I've probably had 2 proper colds in about 30 years.

Anybody else here not had covid yet? I'm the only person I know who hasn't, though it could have been so mild as to be undetectable. I've probably had 2 proper colds in about 30 years.

Just getting over my 4th bout....

Ian H

Legendary Member
I'm the only person I know who hasn't knowingly had it. But I have my suspicions, based on circumstantial evidence.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Touch wood, neither myself or Mrs BL has had Covid.

We have availed ourselves of Covid jabs, 5 so far I think. Other than that, we haven’t taken any special precautions, although our lifestyle tends not to include crowded places.

I keep thinking I must have had it as I go to cinemas, pubs, and gigs quite a bit. I've definitely come out of crowded venues thinking I must have had a good chance of having picked it up, but absolutely zero so far. I didn't even get it when everyone else in the house had it and didn't realise for days.

All uphill

I've not had it as far as I know.

Ms AU had it, a couple of hours of fever and another 24 hours recovering.
Our son had it mildly in 2020 and then had 2 1/2 years of disabling long covid.

To my knowledge I've only had it once, and the symptoms were slightly worse than the worst cold I've had. On a par with tonsilitis. We did used to do a lot of covid tests (as me and my ex have our son 50/50 and neither of us want to send him to the other parent if he had covid). So any symptoms of a cold we always used to do a test. We don't go out that often, but when we do we try to sit outside anyway, and wherever there is hand sanitiser I still try and use it when entering/leaving shops etc. I think it's a good thing generally, even when not in a pandemic, you can never wash your hands too much (unless you have OCD)

I met a guy at a gig who had long covid and was still off work after a year. It can really take its toll on your physical and mental health. I hope your son has fully recovered. It's going to be years of research but hopefully they'll find better treatments.

That's how it was reported here in Hong Kong, It has been said that the US have used this as an excuse to get one over on China and Wuhan was just an excuse as it was the first place to get Covid.
What really happened we will never know, both Chinese and US goverment have enough reasons to keep the lid closed. There was some sketchy funding going on from some poeple from the us doing research into things that look a awfull lot like the manipulated virus Covid was claimed to be. And the Us or better said persons from the Us doing sketchy research they won't be able to do in their own country is nothing new.

There has been no evidence that Covid came from a lab. In fact, Chinese scientists were the first ones to fully sequence the virus and send their results worldwide so that vaccines could be made and other scientists worldwide would be able to tell if it was zoonotic or not.
no but there has been a lot of pressure from the chinese goverment to blame it on that wet market. And if you looked on the website stage4 facility where covid is then accused to be leaked from you could see their freezers having broken seals and such, they quickly removed said images and video's from their site once it became public or i should say under public attention. Still no evidence the leak came from there but it is evidence security wasn't at the levels we would expect of an level 4 facility.

:-(
Sorry to hear about your son - hope he's over it now?
Wimpers has lost most of her sense of taste and smell since she first had a very mild bout after my first and that was right at the very start of the pandemic in Europe - before losing smell and taste was even considered as a symptom.
This time she for the first time she has the full set of symptoms and has been quite poorly.

Long Covid is quite a thing, affects people quite differently and is very poorly understood.

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
That's how it was reported here in Hong Kong, It has been said that the US have used this as an excuse to get one over on China and Wuhan was just an excuse as it was the first place to get Covid.

There has been no evidence that Covid came from a lab. In fact, Chinese scientists were the first ones to fully sequence the virus and send their results worldwide so that vaccines could be made and other scientists worldwide would be able to tell if it was zoonotic or not.

This is apparently a disputed "fact" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...ent on the,equivalent to Greenwich Mean Time]

Top Bottom