Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Well the topic is not black and white.

Tell that to Michael Jackson, oh no he's dead.

mudsticks

Squire
That they are both based on prejudices.

I am deliberately not allocating rankings to the prejudices, because that might just be coloured by my prejudices.

You don't think that the criminal 'poor' get demonised far more than more affluent ne'rdowells then??

mudsticks

Squire
I do, definitely.

Prejudices that demonise groups, other than the ones I hold, are available, and very few are helpful.

Obviously my prejudices are very helpful and beyond reproach.

Do you not think then, that if there is this 'unequal' demonisation, then it's a just position to point it out, and even challenge it??

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Do you not think then, that if there is this 'unequal' demonisation, then it's a just position to point it out, and even challenge it??

Yes, of course. It is also a just position to say that demonisation based on prejudices about social classes is unhelpful.

Prejudices are human and natural, demonisation based on them less so.

I have prejudices. I try not to base comments about sections of, or whole, social classes on them.

I am in the enviable position of being able to punch up at council estate people, suburban middle classes and Toffs as I was brought up in a one-up, two-down slum with an outdoor lav and my parents thought they had won the pools when it was demolished and they were allocated a council house when I was at university. I try not to.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
Yes, of course. It is also a just position to say that demonisation based on prejudices about social classes is unhelpful.

Prejudices are human and natural, demonisation based on them less so.

I have prejudices. I try not to base comments about sections of, or whole, social classes on them.

I am in the enviable position of being able to punch up at council estate people, suburban middle classes and Toffs as I was brought up in a one-up, two-down slum with an outdoor lav and my parents thought they had won the pools when it was demolished and they were allocated a council house when I was at university. I try not to.

Oh great..
I've still (only) got an outdoor lav

So I guess that means I can be horrible to absolutely everyone.. :okay:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh great..

Them's the roolz.

How do you stop the lav freezing in the winter? We used to have a couple of those paraffin warning lamps used by the Council street works that we 'borrowed' to hang on the cistern.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Oh great..

Must be rather enjoyable using the Daily Mail as bog-roll (neatly cut up into squares of course).

mudsticks

Squire
Them's the roolz.
Excellent news ..
I'll have to dig out my Dot Parker book of lewd insultery so I can go to work onto the lot of you..

How do you stop the lav freezing in the winter? We used to have a couple of those paraffin warning lamps used by the Council street works that we 'borrowed' to hang on the cistern.

No water innit, is there?

Highly civilised twin chambered composting affair..

Doing one business into perfectly potable water seems the height of uncivilisation once you've been using one of these for many a year.

It also means there's not too much 'hanging about' going on in there in crispy weather.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Excellent news ..
I'll have to dig out my Dot Parker book of lewd insultery so I can go to work onto the lot of you..

No water innit, is there?

Highly civilised twin chambered composting affair..

Doing one business into perfectly potable water seems the height of uncivilisation once you've been using one of these for many a year.

It also means there's not too much 'hanging about' going on in there in crispy weather.

Farmers and wild campers are hardy types.

I like my creature comforts too much these days.

Top Bottom