Death penalty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Why is it that you won’t acknowledge this aspect of capital punishment?

Because I genuinely feel there are cases that are clear cut.

I ask the same of you, any chance Lee Rigbys killer was innocent or the Soham murderer?

Why won't YOU acknowledge this aspect of capital punishment?

D

Deleted member 28

I think there's probably a fair bit of Shep's DNA splashed all over his dressing gown now that he's fiddled himself into a frenzy, not just over reintroducing the death penalty, but reintroducing the death penalty for murdering our soldiers, and not only reintroducing the death penalty for murdering our soldiers but reintroducing the death penalty for murdering our soldiers committed by Muslims. Urrrrrrrgh
View attachment 3072

You sound like jowwy that's found a thesaurus.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I think you may be missing (some of) the point. It’s another wedge issue, designed to make people fear parties that have a clear stance against it. It’s the Tories shitting in the river of discourse once again.

I guess my point is they are wasting their time with trying it on with this issue. It won't be a wedge issue because there is no appetite amongst the general public for capital punishment and we know it's unworkable. It might have generated some heat 20 years ago but the wider public are past the stage of having any interest in it, even theoretically, in my view anyway.

D

Deleted member 28

Just as cultural memory of rationale behind abolition has faded, leading to the ignorant to call for it's reinstitution, so too had the political understanding that referenda are a bad way to determine policy.

And you talk about background noise.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
I guess my point is they are wasting their time with trying it on with this issue. It won't be a wedge issue because there is no appetite amongst the general public for capital punishment and we know it's unworkable. It might have generated some heat 20 years ago but the wider public are past the stage of having any interest in it, even theoretically, in my view anyway.

They don’t need to convince everybody or even a majority. It’s about targeting enough people in the marginal seats by portraying their opponents as soft on crime.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
It won't be a wedge issue because there is no appetite amongst the general public for capital punishment and we know it's unworkable. It might have generated some heat 20 years ago but the wider public are past the stage of having any interest in it, even theoretically, in my view anyway.

"No appetite", " the wider public are past the stage of having any interest in it, even theoretically". :whistle:

Screenshot_2023-02-09-20-52-36-882_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

They don’t need to convince everybody or even a majority. It’s about targeting enough people in the marginal seats by portraying their opponents as soft on crime.

Well if they come out with the same limp wristed shyte you've been spouting it'll work, anyway do you think there's a chance Lee Rigbys killer is innocent?

Salty seadog

Well if they come out with the same limp wristed shyte you've been spouting it'll work, anyway do you think there's a chance Lee Rigbys killer is innocent?

I know your not quoting me but I have answered no to that question.

Now answer mine unless you think it will undermine your humanity.

Are you willing to trade a few state killings of innocent people in exchange for killing a load of bad apples?

You've demanded yes or no answers from me and I obliged.

Give me a yes or no answer to this question.

D

Deleted member 28

I know your not quoting me but I have answered no to that question.

Now answer mine unless you think it will undermine your humanity.

Are you willing to trade a few state killings of innocent people in exchange for killing a load of bad apples?

You've demanded yes or no answers from me and I obliged.

Give me a yes or no answer to this question.

Where have you answered whether you think the people I've mentioned are possibly innocent?

I've answered already it's not acceptable but I also think there are clear cut proven cases of guilt.

Top Bottom