Death penalty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
I am indeed disillusioned, but

Just be pleased for him that he knew a word.

D

Deleted member 28

That's not a yes or even a no.

Did you understand the question.

You cheeky c*nt of course I understand the question, in my opinion no innocent person would be put to death because only the one's that are definitely guilty would face the death penalty.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
only the one's that are definitely guilty would face the death penalty.

Who would decide exactly how definite their guilt is? As said, in English law there is only innocent or guilty, no definitely guilty with knobs on.

D

Deleted member 28

Yes.

Do you think it is respectful to his family to use his name for purposes that they have warned against?

At last an answer, these are the types of cases I would want to see the person guilty executed.

Why wouldn't you?

D

Deleted member 28

Who would decide exactly how definite their guilt is? As said, in English law there is only innocent or guilty, no definitely guilty with knobs on.

That's for the appeal process to work out at the appropriate time.

We can disagree all night long because I won't change my opinion and in the end it won't be reinstated anyway so it's pointless.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
That's for the appeal process to work out at the appropriate time.
Are you sure you’ve thought this through? An appeal about a verdict can only change guilty to not guilty, and an appeal against a prison sentence would be unwise, and hence unlikely to be embarked upon, if capital punishment was a possible outcome.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I would guess they 'seem' clear cut to the entire justice system and have done for a number of years.

This is what you don't want to acknowledge, there are lots of people out there that have DEFINITELY killed people and they deserve to die.

Any thoughts on the cases I've mentioned or do you think there's a chance their innocent?

You can cite whatever clear cut cases you like, it doesn’t change the fact that amongst those there will be wrongful executions. I wouldn’t find that acceptable, maybe you would.

I’m against the death penalty, that doesn’t mean I don’t acknowledge that there are people justly convicted of murder.

I’ve already answered your question about the cases you mentioned.

Top Bottom