Death penalty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Clearly need more than one 'expert witness ' then, was her evidence based on opinion or scientific proof.

Salty seadog

FFS I've said more than once only if they're proven beyond doubt to be guilty.

At the time of their death I assume.
Are you trying to tell me not one person in prison, in the UK is definitely guilty of murder?

Nope.
I clearly don't want innocent people put to death but I believe there is enough technology to prove in certain cases 100%

But it will happen. Mistakes are always made.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Apart from the Tories and their dangleberries (UKIP, Reform and so on) which parties have a history of fomenting fear and hatred?

No idea, but, I wasn't aware that "formatting fear and hatred" were the only criteria, I thought the criteria was offering, what they think, will be vote winning policies?

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
No idea, but, I wasn't aware that "formatting fear and hatred" were the only criteria, I thought the criteria was offering, what they think, will be vote winning policies?

And how do they sometimes make their policies popular enough to be winning ones?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The chances of calls for reintroduction of cp gaining any traction is near zero in my opinion. It's been too long since we had it (50 years) and if we had a 2 phase system juries would commute to life at the penalty phase. If we had automatic death sentences you'd get juries reluctant to find defendants guilty. It's a non starter.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
The chances of calls for reintroduction of cp gaining any traction is near zero in my opinion. It's been too long since we had it (50 years) and if we had a 2 phase system juries would commute to life at the penalty phase. If we had automatic death sentences you'd get juries reluctant to find defendants guilty. It's a non starter.

I think you may be missing (some of) the point. It’s another wedge issue, designed to make people fear parties that have a clear stance against it. It’s the Tories shitting in the river of discourse once again.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And how do they sometimes make their policies popular enough to be winning ones?

Not sure who you are referring to?, but, based on my original comment, I will assume, "Politicians", in which case, I would say, via lobbying, media coverage (including internet, Social Media), which all Parties use.

D

Deleted member 28

At the time of their death I assume.

Nope.

But it will happen. Mistakes are always made.

It's a pointless discussion as it'll never be reinstated so I can't see why you lot are getting all gammon over it.

I'd be more worried about Boris getting back in power if I were you.😉

D

Deleted member 28

Majority decisions may not be the best way to determine life or death.

I can’t be sure what you mean by “scientific proof” so I can’t really answer that. Are you able to explain in a bit more detail?

As in DNA found on murder victims bodies for example rather than " In my expert opinion this baby was shaken to death ".

With me now, or a video showing someone trying to cut someone's head off, that sort of evidence.

As already said there's not a cat in hells chance of the death penalty returning so what you worried about?

Top Bottom