District elections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

We live where we live because it's a nice town, slap bang in the centre of Holland. The coucil is currently a coalition of D66 (vanilla centrists), Christian Democrats, the Greens (hawk, spit), Christian Union and the Animal Rights Party (glad my vote wasn't wasted). No tighty, righty parties here, thank you. Make of that what you will.

Which town, I've done a fair bit of central, western and north Holland?

ebikeerwidnes

Just been to vote and the ladies in the polling station seem very displeased with the voter id concept

They were VERY happy to supply the following:-
If you wish to express concerns about the introduction of voter ID

Please email correspondence@levellingup.gov.uk

or

Write to

Department for Levelling Up
Housing and Communities
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Just to note - they made no unprofessional comments and expressed no political or inappropriate comments of any kind
very professional and helpful as always

mudsticks

Squire
Just been to vote and the ladies in the polling station seem very displeased with the voter id concept

They were VERY happy to supply the following:-
If you wish to express concerns about the introduction of voter ID

Please email correspondence@levellingup.gov.uk

or

Write to

Department for Levelling Up
Housing and Communities
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Just to note - they made no unprofessional comments and expressed no political or inappropriate comments of any kind
very professional and helpful as always

I wonder if anyone in any of the polling stations is keeping a tally on how many people turn up without id, and were denied their chance to vote, and what their voting preference would have been. ??

ebikeerwidnes

I wonder if anyone in any of the polling stations is keeping a tally on how many people turn up without id, and were denied their chance to vote, and what their voting preference would have been. ??

We asked - they are keeping a record of everyone turned away and why (i.e. no id or id didn't seem to be them or whatever)
I presume this is happening at every polling station in the country

the totals should be interesting when they become public - which will be ina week or 2 if it shows 2 people and about 2096 if it shows loads of people

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I do find the ID thing a bit weird. I was concerned as I'd sent my passport away for renewal, which is my only form of photo ID, and wasn't sure if it would be back in time. Signed up for the Voter Authority Certificate, which arrived on the same day as my EU made blue passport...

Salty seadog

Amersfoort.

Not been there, stayed in Zeist and Hilversum, not too far away. I think I once worked with someone who lived there.

albion

Guru
We asked - they are keeping a record of everyone turned away and why (i.e. no id or id didn't seem to be them or whatever)
I presume this is happening at every polling station in the country

the totals should be interesting when they become public - which will be ina week or 2 if it shows 2 people and about 2096 if it shows loads of people

Irrelevant. Surely not turning up will be the norm, especially for those who feel they have little voice anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

Irrelevant. Surely not turning up will be the norm, especially for those who feel they have little voice anyway.

True
However people will also be looking at turnout

but, of course, that is rather difficult to say whether this was due to voterid or general apathy
in fact turnout may even be higher than normal for local elections due to national issues going on

who know - but there are people who are paid to work all this out and they will be pouring over figures as soon as they are available

The Crofted Crest

Not been there, stayed in Zeist and Hilversum, not too far away. I think I once worked with someone who lived there.

Literally the centre of the Netherlands (will post proof tomorrow if poss) close to Utrecht ( Zeist and Hilversum), the Veluwe, the Betuwe, the coast is a nice ride, Germany a couple of hours away, Amsterdam, Brabant, Limburg almost next door. Belgium a nice trek (we're off to Antwerp soon). If you've got a bike I can recommend it. But please don't tell anyone. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amersfoort

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

Literally the centre of the Netherlands (will post proof tomorrow if poss) close to Utrecht ( Zeist and Hilversum), the Veluwe, the Betuwe, the coast is a nice ride, Germany a couple of hours away, Amsterdam, Brabant, Limburg almost next door. Belgium a nice trek (we're off to Antwerp soon). If you've got a bike I can recommend it. But please don't tell anyone. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amersfoort

I've just started a new business venture after purchasing 40,000 new coaches. I think it sounds like a great place to go. Thanks for the tip!

classic33

Postal and proxy votes for those with no suitable photo ID?

Numbers attending polling stations seem to be down. Whether postal votes, returned, are down isn't known at present. Verification and count is later this morning.

Top Bottom