Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ricky Gervais doing an 'anti-trans' piece in his show? You do realise that all he does is quote their own words? That is literally the joke. He's quoting actual stuff that transwomen say on social media. I can give you a hundred screenshots of transwomen talking about 'girldick' and 'a woman can have a penis' if you like.

The fact that Ricky Gervais and Dave Chapelle got so much coverage for saying stuff that women have been saying for years, that in itself tells you people have been ignoring women's voices.

Twitter and Facebook routinely banned gender critical women and men whilst ignoring threats of violence against Rowling and others. I already told you that writers like Suzanne Moore and Hadley Freeman left The Guardian because they were forbidden from expressing gender critical views for years. Apart from the Newsnight report on the Tavistock, mainstream media were scared to touch transgender issues until recently.

It's only of late that Posie Parker has been given mainstream UK tv time. The vast majority of her stuff is podcasts and You Tube videos. Again, I could give you a hundred examples of transactivists doing the same for their side.

For example, Dylan Mulvaney has 10 million TikTok followers after they came out as a transwoman in March last year. Dylan has scores of videos in which he mansplains 'girlhood'.

Fc3F3DWXkAAdTeE.jpeg

Within a year Dylan has been to the Whitehouse to interview Biden and was invited to speak at the Forbes Power Women Summit conference. Dylan calls vaginas 'barbie pouches'.

No US gender critical woman has received a 10th of the media coverage of Dylan Mulvaney, nevermind the corporate attention or political leverage.

The fact is that for years gender ideology was allowed to go unquestioned in mainstream media. It wasn't called out for the poor scientific basis of medicating kids at clinics like the Tavistock. It wasn't challenged over ridiculously piss-poor evidence that favoured transwomen being included in female sports.

It took someone who was too big to cancel and sports to make people start questioning what was happening. So yes, we are finally seeing these issues brought into the mainstream in the UK. Good. It's about time.

It's not tolerance that you are demanding though, it's capitulation.

No women had an issue being tolerant until it involved the wholesale undermining of women's rights and language.

Trying to frame women's rights as bigoted simply won't wash either.

icowden

Legendary Member
An education that stretches back thousands of years on the existence, understanding and tolerance of transgender communities.
From a country where men routinely burn women and mutilate them with acid for not doing what men say, where 4 women are raped every hour and which still has massive gender discrimination? I'm not sure that's the best place to learn about how well women get on with transgender men in their gender restricted spaces.

I'm not so sure that India is that tolerant of Trans Women or Women.

Last edited:

multitool

Pharaoh
The point of the post is not to offer up India or its antecedents as a paragon of tolerance. It is to counter the notion being put forward here that so-called "gender ideology" is a new concept, a current fad, or anything other than a phenomenon with a long history.

HTH.

multitool

Pharaoh
Sorry for the random interjection here, but I just discovered this absolute gem of a quote ftom GC feminist, Julie Bindel:

"Posie Parker is a thick feck who is a bigot and not a feminist. She has taken the Heritage Foundation coin. None of the actual feminists I work with can bear her... I despise the latest tactics of Posie Parker and disciples, and want no part in it. As far as I am concerned, they are motivated by narcissism, bigotry, and ego. They are causing harm."

Arf

Well it's certainly horrific that cultures were so homophobic that they invented a 3rd class of person so that they didn't have to accept gay men, feminine men, and generally non conforming people as men at all. Historically nearly all these 'third gender' terms applied to men only; expanding them to a general term is a recent Western invention.

https://www.feministcurrent.com/201...transgenderism-either-ubiquitous-progressive/

At one point we seemed to be past that stage of saying 'You act like a girl .... you're a girl', but it's made a comeback of late unfortunately. I've never read a story about a so-called transgender child that didn't start with them playing with the 'wrong' toys for example.

Last edited:
Sorry for the random interjection here, but I just discovered this absolute gem of a quote ftom GC feminist, Julie Bindel:

"Posie Parker is a thick feck who is a bigot and not a feminist. She has taken the Heritage Foundation coin. None of the actual feminists I work with can bear her... I despise the latest tactics of Posie Parker and disciples, and want no part in it. As far as I am concerned, they are motivated by narcissism, bigotry, and ego. They are causing harm."

Arf

So what? I've no idea why you imagine this to be significant. It would be helpful if all women thought alike I suppose, but they don't. Feminists don't all agree on everything. Both Parker and Bindel agree men can never be women though.

multitool

Pharaoh
So what? I've no idea why you imagine this to be significant. It would be helpful if all women thought alike I suppose, but they don't. Feminists don't all agree on everything. Both Parker and Bindel agree men can never be women though.

Literally every general and quote-free post I make gets an immediate response from you.

But apparently its you living "rent free" in my head 😆😆😆

It's a public forum. If you don't want a response, don't post. When I don't respond you badger me to refute your claims or mention me by name so not sure what your problem is really. Other than you don't like being told 'No'.

multitool

Pharaoh
I've actually got you on ignore. Occasionally I click the "reveal hidden posts" button at the bottom of the page, and there you are. Every single time. Rent free.

Other than you don't like being told 'No'.

There you go. Invoking my gender again (and dont try the faux naive tactic to deny it, we both know what that trope is) Still furious that a man could produce evidence that your claims to speak for the majority of women were pure horse sh1t.

On which note, I'm married to a woman. One of my children is one. I work with loads of them. And not one of them has ever voiced the same opinions on trans issues as you, and it does come up in work-related issues.

Guess who does, though. The men.

You have produced evidence of very little, other than your ability to be rude to just about everybody. Apart from IC, noone else is engaging with this thread so I guess it can be put to bed for the now.

I'm happy enough for people to read the posts and links for themselves to find out more on the issues.

mudsticks

Squire
It's not tolerance that you are demanding though, it's capitulation.

No women had an issue being tolerant until it involved the wholesale undermining of women's rights and language.

Trying to frame women's rights as bigoted simply won't wash either.

Oh c'mon AS it's bound to be a womans (or group of womens) fault at the end of the day.

After all we*re so well known for being hardline and uncompromising, we don't make space for others , we're quick to anger, and known for creating discomfort in other peoples lives with our tendency to loudly demand whatever it is we feel we're entitled to, using violence in word or deed to get it, if necessary.

You and I don't see eye to eye on all transrights issues AS, and that's ok (by me😇) I'm probs a bit more live and let live in most circumstances (I'm not really interested in sport for a start) but to suggest that anyone who has reservations regarding no questions asked access to womens safe spaces by anyone at all is therefore 'bigoted' is a vey narrow minded view.

I know I've said it before but if the people vociferously demanding 'access all womens areas' on behalf of self IDing transwomen, were anything like as active and vocal in tackling widespread misogyny and VAWAG (the reason women need safe spaces in the first place) then we'd all be much much further down the route to happiness all round.

It's hard not to feel sometimes that this issue is being used as just another stick with which to beat women who dare to speak their own minds.. Or who dare to have a differing opinion.

Just dismiss any or all of them as terfs..
*Or is that acually 'not women'?? My.memory plays tricks on me sometimes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118-193839.png
    Screenshot_20230118-193839.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom