Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I had no idea you followed West Virginian high school sports. It's almost like you hunt these things down to prove that this sort of thing is endemic, which it isn't.

multitool

Shaman
He'll be competing with Aurora for the weirdest personal photo gallery pretty soon.

Strange how it's always the same couple of English speaking countries, isn't it. Almost as if these might be the only places with far right culture war taking place.

icowden

Legendary Member
Strange how it's always the same couple of English speaking countries, isn't it. Almost as if these might be the only places with far right culture war taking place.
Well yes, because it doesn't work very well to try changing pronouns in countries where tables, chairs and cars are feminine and the world, coffee and tea are masculine.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Or that France is one of the most progressive countries in the world when it comes to awareness and understanding around transgender issues.

icowden

Legendary Member
Or that France is one of the most progressive countries in the world when it comes to awareness and understanding around transgender issues.

Or maybe they don't have transwomen trying to compete in women's sport? The only reference I can find is to rugby.
Oddly the stories tend to emanate from the countries with the most sexual hang-ups and prudishness, almost like there are men abusing the concept of transgender to score points against women.

monkers

Guru
Or maybe they don't have transwomen trying to compete in women's sport? The only reference I can find is to rugby.
Oddly the stories tend to emanate from the countries with the most sexual hang-ups and prudishness, almost like there are men abusing the concept of transgender to score points against women.

Failure of logic.

icowden

Legendary Member
Failure of logic.
Why? if I were a white Incel male in the US, good at sport but not good enough to excel for a college scholarship, I just call myself Wendy, start wearing women's clothes and a wig, and compete against girls. Boom. Scholarship to Uni after winning and excelling in my sport.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Why? if I were a white Incel male in the US, good at sport but not good enough to excel for a college scholarship, I just call myself Wendy, start wearing women's clothes and a wig, and compete against girls. Boom. Scholarship to Uni after winning and excelling in my sport.

Has that actually happened? I'd be surprised if it has.

multitool

Shaman
Well yes, because it doesn't work very well to try changing pronouns in countries where tables, chairs and cars are feminine and the world, coffee and tea are masculine.

Idiot :laugh:

Gendered nouns are nothing to do with perceived human gender or biological sex.

And yes, many other countries have their own modern equivalent of gender-neutral "they".

By the way, Spain has now had self-ID for 14 months. Have they had the deluge of men pretending to be women purely in order to gain access to women's loos (that they have always had, there and here by the way) purely in order to perv?

Remember, Iain, this is what you claimed would happen.

icowden

Legendary Member
And yes, many other countries have their own modern equivalent of gender-neutral "they".
Go one then, provide some examples. I couldn't find any.
By the way, Spain has now had self-ID for 14 months. Have they had the deluge of men pretending to be women purely in order to gain access to women's loos (that they have always had, there and here by the way) purely in order to perv?
Remember, Iain, this is what you claimed would happen.
No, I don't think I have ever claimed that. I look forward to you providing the quote. Also, 14 months really isn't very long. I gather that the legislation has been very controversial with the effect that Madrid passed a law legalising the beating of transgender people.

Top Bottom