General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
There you go again.

You are functioning at the level of a teenager.

1716549793221.png

There you go again.

You are functioning at the level of a teenager.

Well that’s a step up from child. 😂

icowden

Legendary Member
Who would you vote for? The only Conservatives I could vote for even reluctantly have been booted out long since, so I am effectively disenfranchised. I don't think I could bring myself to vote Labour even if it would be difficult for them to be much worse when it comes to competence.
It doesn't matter. If you are voting in any of the Nottingham constituencies your vote won't matter if you vote anything but Labour. They are all Labour strongholds with no prospect of any other party winning in the coming election.

This is why we need to get rid of FPTP

If Labour allow an immigration free for all I could see this paving the way for a truly nasty ultra right govt, a situation developing in the Fatherland, with the left and Greens too delusional to see it.

We've already got what has the look/feel of a free for all. I don't mean the boat people I mean those with visas.

It's absurd that we count students, an invisible export, as part of the immigration number.

icowden

Legendary Member
Well that’s a step up from child. 😂

To be fair, notwithstanding the handbags at dawn that seems to be going on, I think @multitool may have a point.

Whether or not you like Starmer, there is strong evidence that he's a fairly clever, very reasonable and decent human being. He hasn't tried to hide his taxes, profit from shady deals via off shore tax havens in his own personal hedge fund, push through expenses for renovating his moat or committed any sexual assaults that we know of.

That immediately elevates him above the vast majority of the Conservative party. He may not be great, but frankly I think it would be hard to do any worse than the current shower. Count Binface would be better than Sunak. Of course he will be taking over an absolute shoot-show, so things are unlikely to immediately improve, but if the markets and business are backing him (which they appear to be - Deborah Meaden has been very complimentary about Labour's approach to businesses) then this will help.

I'm a former Conservative and would find it *very* hard to vote Labour, but at the moment I'd find it even harder to vote Conservative - and that tells you a lot about how low they have sunk. As far as I can see, around here you really have to be a frothing swivel eyed loon to be considering a Conservative vote. In my area luckily Labour isn't an option. It's Lib Dem vs Conservative. My money is on Lib Dem winning.

albion

Guru
Just vote Tory like your stance states.

Sorry, I mixed you up with TheClaud, which for some reason, I often do.
I don't normally vote Labour, not that it often matters up north with fptp.

multitool

To be fair, notwithstanding the handbags at dawn that seems to be going on, I think @multitool may have a point.

The point I am making is not that Starmer is a decent person...he may be, despite the necessity to be somewhat ruthless, it's that using terms like "Starmer fanboy" is just particularly puerile and just drags the conversation down to the level of a teenager. I won't engage with it because there is nothing substantive with which to engage.

Top Bottom