General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

You use the lexicon of a child

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Screenshot_20240524-082828-776.png

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Good to see the level of tit for tat on this thread is already about on par with the level we can expect over the next few months!

In the booklet we were sent out for the local mayoral elections the candidates who bothered to contribute all tried to use their folks as evidence of their tough North East up bringing.

All I could think of was the Monty Python sketch...

"You had mam's and dad's? You were lucky. All we had was a broken cassette of Jimmy Nail for comfort and a half torn poster of Dire Straits which was cancelled, not that we could have afforded to go."

bobzmyunkle

. All we had was a broken cassette of Jimmy Nail for comfort and a half torn poster of Dire Straits which was cancelled, not that we could have afforded to go."
Could have been worse in both cases.
Cheer up Andy, only 6 more weeks until we get CHANGE.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Could have been worse in both cases.
Cheer up Andy, only 6 more weeks until we get CHANGE.

Dropping the 'real' is a nice touch.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I am told my right to vote in a British election has been restored, although I would have to register in Nottingham where I only lived for three years and have no connections.

If the Revenue are anything to go by who were so slow sending a password to log on to their system it had expired by the time it reached us - twice no less - we would not receive the paperwork until the election is over.

Who would you vote for? The only Conservatives I could vote for even reluctantly have been booted out long since, so I am effectively disenfranchised. I don't think I could bring myself to vote Labour even if it would be difficult for them to be much worse when it comes to competence.

If Labour allow an immigration free for all I could see this paving the way for a truly nasty ultra right govt, a situation developing in the Fatherland, with the left and Greens too delusional to see it.

Top Bottom