General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
So does Johnson say Starmer is left of Blair and Brown?

Great question.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Sadly yes.

Johnson et al demonised Corbyn as 'dangerous' and 'a traitor' - whereas they only calling Starmer 'dangerous'.

At this juncture I don't think it matters at all. To whom is Johnson actually speaking?

Screenshot_20240525_062556_Samsung Internet.jpg

multitool

Sadly yes. That traitor still has a hold over the more gammony and brainless sh*theads of the Tory party and the Red Wall.

There will always be people like this. The Tory grassroots are, and have always been loons.

It only matters when they manage to capture the public narrative with delusions of autarky like Brexit.

But now is not that moment.

multitool

There remains a body of public opinion in thrall of Johnson. Ignore his influence at peril.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-bring-back-half-095934693.html

That's a poll of Johnson loyalists.

It's a self-selecting sample. Utterly pointless poll.

monkers

Legendary Member
That's a poll of Johnson loyalists.

It's a self-selecting sample. Utterly pointless poll.

Look; if you are sitting pretty as a Labour supporter in a Labour safe seat, you don't have much to worry about. On the other hand as I have already posted today, I live in a seat where the difference between blue and red is reckoned by Electoral Calculus to be just 1% - which means a swing requirement of just 0.5% plus one.

If you think that gap can't be changed by Johnson and his fan club damaging Starmer with negative rhetoric, you'd better have a little word with yourself.

From The National.

But former Scottish Tory leader Davidson was not impressed, tweeting: “The deluge launch drowned out by D:Ream.

“A brewery visit with a teetotal PM, so no chance of a piss-up.

“Now a site visit to something famous for sinking.

“Is there a double agent in CCHQ (Conservative Campaign Headquarters), and were they a headline writer in a previous life?

“Our candidates deserve better.”

Brilliantly put. ^_^

multitool

Look; if you are sitting pretty as a Labour supporter in a Labour safe seat, you don't have much to worry about. On the other hand as I have already posted today, I live in a seat where the difference between blue and red is reckoned by Electoral Calculus to be just 1% - which means a swing requirement of just 0.5% plus one.

If you think that gap can't be changed by Johnson and his fan club damaging Starmer with negative rhetoric, you'd better have a little word with yourself.

Johnson supporters will not be swayed. Mail and Telegraph readers will not be swayed. So who will be swayed by Johnson..a PM forced to step down for lying?

You haven't considered the possibility that Johnson's words will have the opposite effect. Have a look back at his approval ratings when he was on his way out. The man is toxic for all but a few loons. The swappable are not going to be swayed by him.

monkers

Legendary Member
Johnson supporters will not be swayed. Mail and Telegraph readers will not be swayed. So who will be swayed by Johnson..a PM forced to step down for lying?

You haven't considered the possibility that Johnson's words will have the opposite effect. Have a look back at his approval ratings when he was on his way out. The man is toxic for all but a few loons. The swappable are not going to be swayed by him.

You are making obvious errors. Johnson et al will not need to persuade people to vote Tory instead of Labour to change the outcome. Johnson is not a candidate, not asking for people's vote.

All they have to do is to persuade former Tory voters not to sit on their hands, but turn out to vote Tory again. That could be quite a big number, and certainly enough to help the Tory candidate to win where I live.

Reactions: C R

multitool

All they have to do is to persuade former Tory voters not to sit on their hands, but turn out to vote Tory again. That could be quite a big number, and certainly enough to help the Tory candidate to win where I live.

And why did those "former Tory voters" become " former Tory voters"?

Logical error on your part. We aren't going to agree on this, and my entire point is that it doesn't warrant discussion, so that's my last word.

Last edited:
Top Bottom