General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Illegal, is anyone who hasn't applied for a visa of any type and is here in the UK.
So you mean the unquantified (and by definition unquantifiable) number of individuals who are in the country, and not anyone receiving state support of one sort or another while their asylum claim or visa applications are processed.

D

Deleted member 159

Vast numbers are coming from north Africa/middle east, either from Adriatic route, some across the Mediterranean.

So let's name a few safe countries they might come across on their way

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, , Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary*, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland*, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden**,Denmark** (Scandinavian**)

*Closed borders do not allow any migrants

D

Deleted member 159

So you mean the unquantified (and by definition unquantifiable) number of individuals who are in the country, and not anyone receiving state support of one sort or another while their asylum claim or visa applications are processed.

You do know the illegal immigrants get some money each week from the government, state support, free bed and breakfast in some of the nicest hotels around the country.

You do know the illegal immigrants get some money each week from the government, state support, free bed and breakfast in some of the nicest hotels around the country.

They get either a place in a house, shared if they're single, and money provide a very basic lifestyle - barely subsistence or they're placed in hotels.

I have to tell you the hotels are far from nice. Even if they're notionally 4* that doesn't make much difference room only as the toiletries, robes etc that differentiate a superior hotel bedroom are not there. Nor are the gyms, swimming pools and room service I'd expect.

ebikeerwidnes

which means they are quantifiable

unless the government systems make the Post Office Horizon system look like a contender for "secure and well designed system of the decade"

Vast numbers are coming from north Africa/middle east, either from Adriatic route, some across the Mediterranean.

So let's name a few safe countries they might come across on their way

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, , Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary*, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland*, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden**,Denmark** (Scandinavian**)

*Closed borders do not allow any migrants

If you had an IQ larger than your shoe size and had the ability to use Google, you would know that claiming asylum in the first safe country that you reach IS NOT part of the UN 1951 Refugee Convention, which in turn is part of the Geneva Convention.

An asylum seeker can seek refuge in ANY COUNTRY THEY GO TO as long as that country is a signatory to the above agreement.

This 'they must claim asylum in the first safe country they reach' is a lie designed to keep idiots like you angry.

Last edited:

No they don't.

All uphill

All this bullshit based on twitter hatred.

Have any of these haters ever met a refugee? Or is it all tall stories designed to make us fearful or to fill us with hate?

I meet lots of refugees and know many who could be working, earning and paying tax if the previous government's policies weren't so negative.

When you are talking about sending them back just ask yourself who will look after you in a care home when you are old.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
They get either a place in a house, shared if they're single, and money provide a very basic lifestyle - barely subsistence or they're placed in hotels.

I have to tell you the hotels are far from nice. Even if they're notionally 4* that doesn't make much difference room only as the toiletries, robes etc that differentiate a superior hotel bedroom are not there. Nor are the gyms, swimming pools and room service I'd expect.

I am not doubting what you say, but, with "jokes" such as that shown below, circulating widely on Social Media, that is not what many people believe:

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 14.43.40.png

IMHO, that is the worrying. Incidentally, to me, the characters portrayed in the "joke" speak volumes, in my mind.

All uphill

I am not doubting what you say, but, with "jokes" such as that shown below, circulating widely on Social Media, that is not what many people believe:

View attachment 6489

IMHO, that is the worrying. Incidentally, to me, the characters portrayed in the "joke" speak volumes, in my mind.

Depressing. I have family who uncritically suck up this kind of thing, then I am the killjoy when I point out the nasty prejudice.

Isn't that typical of many/most "jokes" including those on CC?

Frequently nasty to women, immigrants or any other group (other than white men)you choose to name.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Depressing. I have family who uncritically suck up this kind of thing, then I am the killjoy when I point out the nasty prejudice.

Isn't that typical of many/most "jokes" including those on CC?

Frequently nasty to women, immigrants or any other group (other than white men)you choose to name.

Yeah, some of the jokes on CC are... Questionable at best.

D

Deleted member 159

No they don't.

Yes they do, there was a country hotel a few miles from us, used to house illegal migrants. They would cause problems in the local town by their numbers. Thankfully, the hotel closed down, renovated and now is a lovely hotel with restaurant.

Top Bottom