General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've met with Dinenage and Braverman a number of times, and seen them at Hustings. Dinenage is a script learner with an ability to rattle off scripts at high speed but with no sincerity. Braverman more tends to make up stuff on the hoof and makes unpleasant remarks about groups of people while getting her 'facts' wildly wrong, more accurately I might say that she substitutes her ill-informed opinions in place of facts.

That's pretty much my take on Braverman. Never met her but that's what I take from her public pronouncements. What she's said about pro Palestine protests is particularly disturbing.

Anecdotally she wasn't over popular in Chambers when working at the Bar. There's a story that somebody somebody said they'd describer her as a daffodil (the word I typed is the one my son renders as c-unit) but she'd neither the warmth nor the depth.

monkers

Legendary Member
hc=HsoWmfu87b8Q7kNvgH787xu&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr1-2.jpg

Beebo

Veteran
National Service? They've lost the f*cking plot.

Labour - votes for 16 year olds
Conservatives- national service for school leavers.

They are pitting the young against the pensioners.

But there is no way my 77 year old parents are stupid enough to vote their grandkids into national service. So who would vote for this?

multitool

Bah.

It's throwing a bone to Reform voters. They love that sort of bollocks.

You'd have to be 85+ to have done National Service. None of these gammon pricks have, but they want everyone else to do it. Obviously the "one weekend a month voluntary service" is a cop out for the wealthy.

ebikeerwidnes

National Service? They've lost the f*cking plot.

I think they left the plot far behind some time ago

but the details are that 18 year olds (who might have been actually working for 2 years by then!) can either
a) join the military full time
or
b) spend one weekend a month working on something useful - like joining the St John's Ambulance or building flood defenses

WTAF???
so you get an 18 year old - who may be working shifts - and you tell them that they have to work 1 weekend a month digging holes for flood defences rather than working at their job
so they would have to take time off or something possibly

and someone has to administer all this stuff and make sure everyone does what they are supposed to do

bloomin' stupid idea
pretty much totally useless and totally unworkable

designed purely to please the type of person who red the DM and complains about "the yoof of today"

multitool

Wait until they try and apply it in Northern Ireland.

Anyway. It's clearly bôllocks, and it is an effectively an admission by the Tories that they know they are going to lose. The are trying to prevent wipe out at the hands of reform by appealing to 65+.

For the young they have Starmer offering them the vote, and Sunak offering them loss of control over their lives and forced servitude.

Last edited:
Top Bottom