General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

...and yet she got herself into the driving seat of one of the great offices of State.

She's many, many things, including dishonest, but I don't think she's an idiot. Even chode in human form, Mark Francois, is not an idiot.

Gullis though...

monkers

Legendary Member
...and yet she got herself into the driving seat of one of the great offices of State.

She's many, many things, including dishonest, but I don't think she's an idiot. Even chode in human form, Mark Francois, is not an idiot.

Gullis though...

We can discuss just how dim you need to be to be classed as an idiot - but it's relative isn't it. In terms of the requirement of the job, I reckon she's an idiot. Dishonesty - that's about her greatest 'skill'.

Reactions: C R

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Screenshot_20240526-135314-586.png

All that education and she still believes the old bollocks we used to tell each other when smoking joints in the sixth form car park.

Literally. Only I stopped believing it as an adult and when it was in the news I looked it up. She gobbed off about it in parliament.

She's an idiot.

Crack on though, you're at 5.6k. What's your next target?

Could you explain what Creasey has done wrong?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Care to elaborate for those of us not dedicated to following her career?

Father Christmas?

That's as maybe, but I think she has a point here...

Tampons are classed as luxury items so attract VAT whereas men's razors are classed as essential items so are VAT exempt. It was bollocks in 1994 when I was stoned in a car park and it was bollocks when Creasy stood up in the house of commons and said it in two thousand and whenever. It was also one of the arguments put forward in favour of us leaving the EU.

winjim

winjim

We can discuss just how dim you need to be to be classed as an idiot - but it's relative isn't it. In terms of the requirement of the job, I reckon she's an idiot. Dishonesty - that's about her greatest 'skill'.

Begging people to remember that Jared O'Mara managed to get himself elected as an MP.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Her "flexible networking" comments were pretty stupid too, or at least very ill judged. Having children isn't a penalty unless it's been forced upon you doubtless horrific circumstances.

winjim

Her "flexible networking" comments were pretty stupid too, or at least very ill judged. Having children isn't a penalty unless it's been forced upon you doubtless horrific circumstances.

It's certainly a corporate mindset which thinks of going for a drink as a networking opportunity rather than just... going for a drink.

multitool

Tampons are classed as luxury items so attract VAT whereas men's razors are classed as essential items so are VAT exempt. It was bollocks in 1994 when I was stoned in a car park and it was bollocks when Creasy stood up in the house of commons and said it in two thousand and whenever. It was also one of the arguments put forward in favour of us leaving the EU.

Except Creasy said the exact opposite.

Perhaps you need to reassess who the idiot is.

winjim

My apologies, she said razors were zero rated rather than exempt. Still not true.

Screenshot_20240526-151750_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240526-152100_Chrome.jpg

multitool

Really weird hill to die on, especially when the key point is, or rather was, the tax levied on essential sanitary products. She mentioned a bunch of products which she compared to tampons, and you are losing your shît about razors :laugh:

Is it OK if I post, by the way? I forgot to ask your permission before I did it.

winjim

Really weird hill to die on, especially when the key point is, or rather was, the tax levied on essential sanitary products. She mentioned a bunch of products which she compared to tampons, and you are losing your shît about razors :laugh:

Is it OK if I post, by the way? I forgot to ask your permission before I did it.

You misspelt 'oh yes, thank you for providing the evidence to support your assertion'

Top Bottom