General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Auto correct. It's an allegation about behaviour from 8 years ago. Might be something they were looking into for ages and unrelated to other candidates.

Beebo

Veteran
Auto correct. It's an allegation about behaviour from 8 years ago. Might be something they were looking into for ages and unrelated to other candidates.

Yeah. An allegation from 8 years ago suddenly sprung from now does seem a bit odd.

Reactions: C R

monkers

Legendary Member

Possibly, but the timing looks very suspicious to me. This looks to me like him being a political target, and orchestrated by a certain other candidate.

Reactions: C R

monkers

Legendary Member
Some context. Moyle is an openly gay man who has been trans supportive in parliament. Kelly Jay Keen is extremely trans exclusive who states that Moyle is a misogynist because he supports trans people. Keen has a large following on Twitter and elsewhere. Some of you might know her otherwise as Posie Parker.

This week Keen has been productive in saying such things as landlords should evict trans tenants, and employers should fire trans employees.

For some gender critical folk, as witnessed on mumsnet, Keen is now going too far.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHudcvW0bSQ

multitool

It's Moyle by the way. It's easy to see why he might have been targeted with a possible vexatious complaint at election time.

Just imagine if he was a Tory. A complaint was made, and the Tories buried it. Would you react in the same way?

It may well be vexatious, but the party should take all accusations seriously.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
Just imagine if he was a Tory. A complaint was made, and the Tories buried it. Would you react in the same way?

It may well be vexatious, but the party should take all accusations seriously.

No. But I don't need to justify what I said, as I made no criticism of Moyle or of Labour. My suspicion is of conspiracy given the location, the candidate, the timing of the complaint, and who is standing against him.

multitool

No. But I don't need to justify what I said, as I made no criticism of Moyle or of Labour. My suspicion is of conspiracy given the location, the candidate, the timing of the complaint, and who is standing against him.

Occam's razor.

Party has promised to clean up, not tolerate sleaze etc especially in contrast to Tories. Remember Owen Patterson?

They can't win with you. Complaint made, they do what they say they are going to do, but you see ulterior motives.

monkers

Legendary Member
Occam's razor.

Party has promised to clean up, not tolerate sleaze etc especially in contrast to Tories. Remember Owen Patterson?

They can't win with you. Complaint made, they do what they say they are going to do, but you see ulterior motives.

You seem to chuntering from a sedentary position. I haven't criticized Labour for suspending Moyle. Please catch up.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Thanks Ian.
Am not around much in the weekdays, but let me know :-)

All finished. Prizes handed out. I was embarrassed with applause, especially as I gave the vet 50+ prize to the wrong person (they sorted it out among themselves). How come organising a ten mile time trial is more nerve-wracking than running a 600km randonnée event?

Edited for missing 0

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
All finished. Prizes handed out. I was embarrassed with applause, especially as I gave the vet 50+ prize to the wrong person (they sorted it out among themselves). How come organising a ten mile time trial is more nerve-wracking than running a 60km randonnée event?

Time maybe?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It might be last minute, but don t forget that everyone was expecting a late year GE.

And the terrible state of the economy is because of Covid and Ukraine. Seriously, six months early and they were caught by surprise? If that's their excuse then they don't deserve to be in government. It's their job to be ready for this.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Some context. Moyle is an openly gay man who has been trans supportive in parliament. Kelly Jay Keen is extremely trans exclusive who states that Moyle is a misogynist because he supports trans people. Keen has a large following on Twitter and elsewhere. Some of you might know her otherwise as Posie Parker.

This week Keen has been productive in saying such things as landlords should evict trans tenants, and employers should fire trans employees.

For some gender critical folk, as witnessed on mumsnet, Keen is now going too far.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHudcvW0bSQ

Jesus. Worst Person in this Election is a crowded field, but we might have a new front-runner.

Top Bottom