General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

How's that commotion going? We could blame the BBC I suppose. Or maybe it's Starmer's footballing skills.

It'll be forgotten about by the weekend, just as Elphicke was.

multitool

Elphcike is not standing though, or is she? I'd better recheck the Guardian website each hour to keep up.

You know very well she isn't. I doubt she would have been admitted otherwise.

She did help Labour win a vote against the govt, so all good.

monkers

Legendary Member
Labour MP Lloyd Russel Mole has been suspended over an historical complaint about his behaviour.

View: https://x.com/lloyd_rm/status/1795863977961926933

My suspicions are aroused. Obviously I could be wrong, but I'm suspicious that Kelly Jay Keen could be behind this; she is a candidate there, and plenty nasty and sneaky enough.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
News in the Guardian ...

Starmer denies Diane Abbott barred from standing for Labour at election​

Party leader says whip restored to Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP and ‘not true’ she has been banned from running

It's a bit like the Harmony Hairspray advert ... is she or isn't she? (Sorry young peeps it's an age thing.)

All that means is that at this moment in time she has not been banned from running (or the decision is not being publicised yet). It does not say that she will be allowed to run. So much wriggle room in that statement from Starmer.

Whatever you think of either of these MP's, this last minute stuff isn't fair.

Wonder if Eddie Izzard will ride to the rescue for Brighton Labour. Review of Eddie's one person Hamlet have been a bit mixed, by which I mean hilariously scathing, so Eddie might be free after this week.

monkers

Legendary Member
Whatever you think of either of these MP's, this last minute stuff isn't fair.

Wonder if Eddie Izzard will ride to the rescue for Brighton Labour. Review of Eddie's one person Hamlet have been a bit mixed, by which I mean hilariously scathing, so Eddie might be free after this week.

I think people will have a good idea who is behind this, though I suspect it will largely remain unsaid. If Izzard were to stand there, I hope she is prewarned before another such allegation is made.

True, could be with L R Mole that the announcement took them by surprise and they've had the investigation going on for a while.

monkers

Legendary Member
True, could be with L R Mole that the announcement took them by surprise and they've had the investigation going on for a while.

It's Moyle by the way. It's easy to see why he might have been targeted with a possible vexatious complaint at election time.

Top Bottom