General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Jesus. Worst Person in this Election is a crowded field, but we might have a new front-runner.

I'm making no judgement about the LRM thing when I say that. There may be a legit complaint involved, and that sitting by Miriam Cates and staring at her thing was out of order, IMO, even if she is a total arsehole. But skulduggery against left wing MPs is unfortunately now so entrenched that it's plausible that the complaint is entirely vexatious. I blame Starmer. :whistle:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Why Faiza Shaheen Had To Go

Multz in this week's New Statesman...

View: https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1795942561258889318

theclaud

Reading around the chip

monkers

Legendary Member
I'm making no judgement about the LRM thing when I say that. There may be a legit complaint involved, and that sitting by Miriam Cates and staring at her thing was out of order, IMO, even if she is a total arsehole. But skulduggery against left wing MPs is unfortunately now so entrenched that it's plausible that the complaint is entirely vexatious. I blame Starmer. :whistle:

Fair points. However, the incident was 16 months or so ago. He did apologise to Cates later. There has been plenty of time for an investigation and disciplinary action. I still can't help but to think that the timing of KJK standing against him, and the delivery of the complaint against him points to an active plan. I'm going as far to suggest it's a conspiracy.

If this is the future of parliamentary democracy, then it's over. The race to the bottom is near complete.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
"or cultivate an official opposition high on bungs and sweeteners who have been schooled in propaganda on all-expenses paid jollies."

Doesn't have the same ring to it, but essentially means the same thing.

One formulation (mine) means that Israel has a practice of paying for MPs to go on trips and a record of giving MPs "financial assistance" to build a network of Israel-friendly politicians in the UK. Which (as you know) is true. The other (yours) is an ancient antisemitic trope suggesting that the world is controlled by the wealth of invisible and malign Jews. Which (as you know) is false. The game is up, Multz - it worked in 2019, but no one buys it any more.

Reactions: C R

multitool

One formulation (mine) means that Israel has a practice of paying for MPs to go on trips and a record of giving MPs "financial assistance" to build a network of Israel-friendly politicians in the UK. Which (as you know) is true. The other (yours) is an ancient antisemitic trope suggesting that the world is controlled by the wealth of invisible and malign Jews. Which (as you know) is false. The game is up, Multz - it worked in 2019, but no one buys it any more.

Oh. I thought you liked extreme exaggeration to try and milk out a point.

You think they don't buy it? Can you imagine the response on October 7th if Jeremy "Friend of Hamas" Corbyn had still been a Labour MP? Optics are everything.

Talking of extreme exaggeration , here is the ridiculous Ash Sarkar's view on recent events:

Screenshot_20240530_085733_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but perhaps labelling something as a "Stalinist purge" ought to be reserved for when people actually get, you know, shot in the back of the head.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
On a side note about Abbott, her diabetes is clearly not under control. Speaking outside Hackney town hall yesterday, the hand holding the microphone was in full tremor. Is that hypoglycaemia?

Ian H

Legendary Member
On a side note about Abbott, her diabetes is clearly not under control. Speaking outside Hackney town hall yesterday, the hand holding the microphone was in full tremor. Is that hypoglycaemia?

Campaigning nerves because she's under so much pressure? Who knows.

Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
It is hard to have a view on Abbott, she being a loose cannon with a habit of spurting stupud things off the cuff.

Top Bottom