General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It isn't important. It's an utter irrelevance if one spends a millisecond contemplating the realities of working within a political party. What was he supposed to do? Resign his shadow ministerial position for exiting EU and stand down as an MP? In fact he did just that in 2016 along with 20 other shadow ministers. He later took up a different role.

People in leadership roles (ie shadow cabinet) have to present a united front, even if they dislike or disagree substantively with the people they work for. It's the same in any job with a leadership role.

Thinking that 'this matters' is to infantilise politics and reduce it to petty gotchas. Whilst Starmer was in the awkward position of working for someone he knew would fail he was preparing his own leadership bid 18 months before the 2019 GE.

You cannot change the party from the outside, just as you cannot substantively change the nation outside of power.

The "just following orders" defence?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Nor does one arrest mean further arrests.
And the point was more broadly - remember breadth? - about unequal distribution of wealth, wherever and however created.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Nor does one arrest mean further arrests.
And the point was more broadly - remember breadth? - about unequal distribution of wealth, wherever and however created.

Quite. PE has some interesting stuff about where Starmer gets his clothes from, this week. Small beer compared to the PPE, but, still, no doubt favours been banked. Watch out for Lord (Waheed) Alli, being appointed as an "expert", "advisor" etc.

Same trough, different pigs.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Mone is too tight to mention.

D

Deleted member 159

A 46 year old person working for Medpro was arrested yesterday under suspicion of fraud.

But it is clear evidence that the CPS believe a fraud has been committed.

Its nothing of the sort.

The police often arrest, nothing comes from it. They have suspicion, sometimes fishing expedition.

Wait till charges are brought, which could be months or years from now.

multitool

Yes, my bad. Jumped the gun. Arrested, not charged yet.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed to read that Matt Hancock is 45.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Yes, my bad. Jumped the gun. Arrested, not charged yet.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed to read that Matt Hancock is 45.

I've read accounts that Maurice Stimler, director of Loudwater who runs his businesses out of Honeypot House, is the perfect age. Loudwater were engaged to source Medpro's PPE. I'm not sure whether he was actually a Medpro director at that time so the investigations may still be one step away from the chief culprits.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I've read accounts that Maurice Stimler, director of Loudwater who runs his businesses out of Honeypot House, is the perfect age. Loudwater were engaged to source Medpro's PPE. I'm not sure whether he was actually a Medpro director at that time so the investigations may still be one step away from the chief culprits.
These are the dates that he was a Medpro director. Source
1718299574165.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom