General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

There has just been a reform UK party political thingy on the telly

Literally a black background with "Britain needs Reform" on it with the word reform in blue

that's it - no sound at all and the screen was just like that - totally static - for 5 minutes

Interesting thoughts - the main ones being "Why" and "WTF"

still - gave time to make a cuppa

multitool

I think it is symbolic of what Reform have to offer.

spen666

But it is clear evidence that the CPS believe a fraud has been committed. ...

Im afraid you are under seemingly under a misapprehension

In most cases, the police investigate, arrest and interview people and only then send a file to the CPS for a charging decision. The CPS do not direct police investigations nor have they any power to tell the police who to arrest.

spen666

To get back to the General Election...

It's clear that barring someone incredible, that Labour will win the election with a substantial majority after a dreadful result in 2019.

What I am interested in seeing is:

1. The % of the Electorate who bother to vote (I suspect it will possibly be a record low)
2. Whether Labour get more votes this time than in 2019, both in number and %
3. How much the conservative vote falls in numbers & %
4. How the combined Tory & Reform / UKIP votes compared to 2019 numbers & %

icowden

Legendary Member
What I am interested in seeing is:
I'm also interested in seeing whether this election wipes out the Conservatives as a major party. That is a possible outcome if they do badly enough and their vote is divided sufficiently with reform.

Ian H

Legendary Member
There has just been a reform UK party political thingy on the telly

Literally a black background with "Britain needs Reform" on it with the word reform in blue

that's it - no sound at all and the screen was just like that - totally static - for 5 minutes

Interesting thoughts - the main ones being "Why" and "WTF"

still - gave time to make a cuppa

Like Starmer, they think it's best to play safe. They don't want one of their candidates inadvertently giving a Nazi salute on TV. Keep that till after the election.

multitool

I'm also interested in seeing whether this election wipes out the Conservatives as a major party. That is a possible outcome if they do badly enough and their vote is divided sufficiently with reform.

I can't see it happening as a permanent thing, to be honest, unless Starmer's Labour replace the old pre-Johnson Tory party as the party of capital.

Right-wing populist parties mean chaos, whichnis of no use to all but the most parasitic elements of finance

Just when you thought this election couldn't get any weirder, the Greens say 'Hold my beer'. The party of science.

View: https://x.com/LBC/status/1800947804765848027

Screenshot_20240613_225745_Chrome.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
People in leadership roles (ie shadow cabinet) have to present a united front, even if they dislike or disagree substantively with the people they work for. It's the same in any job with a leadership role.

LOL. Except in 2016, right?

Reactions: C R

multitool

LOL. Except in 2016, right?

They did present a united front. 21 of them walked :laugh:

Just think what could have been avoided if Corbyn had stepped down at that point. Possibly not another Tory govt, but probably one without such a massive majority, and certainly no crisis within the Labour party.

Besides, your statement is disingenuous because I was talking about unity in the run up to an election.

Last edited:
Top Bottom