General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Long ago I remember changing francs for lira at the Italian border and thinking that I was nearly a lira millionaire.
We had a great board game growing up - Go. You had to visit different countries to obtain a set number of souvenirs as quickly as possible. You could use planes, sea or land travel but each would cost appropriately and take longer or shorter. They key thing was that you had to exchange your currency in each different country either via Thomas Cook or the Bureau de Change. A great maths game :-)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Long ago I remember changing francs for lira at the Italian border and thinking that I was nearly a lira millionaire.

Many moons ago the first Mrs FF got dressed-up in her posh frock and all when going out for a family do, she gave us a twirl before asking how she looked - her brother said she looked a million Lira, when she asked how much that was in real money, she was less than impressed....

Beebo

Veteran
An opinion poll in the telegraph has suggested that Sunak could lose his seat. That would be astonishing.

On a practical point, if Labour have such a huge majority, how will all their MPs fit on the government benches. . Could they allocate some of the opposition benches to Labour.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Opinion polls themselves influence election outcomes. I suspect we'll see a rather less extreme result come the day. But lots can happen in the meantime.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
The Tory campaign loses another wheel.

Conservative party confirms its director of campaigning has taken leave of absence​

The Conservative party has confirmed its director of campaigning Tony Lee took a leave of absence on Wednesday.

His wife, Laura Saunders, is being looked into by the gambling watchdog over an alleged bet on the general election date.

A Conservative spokesperson said: “The director of campaigning took a leave of absence from CCHQ yesterday.”

(Source: The Guardian)

Beebo

Veteran
The Islington labour party leader has resigned, she was discovered hiding in a bush after caught canvassing for Corbyn :laugh:

Silly lady. She should have stood down when Corbyn got the boot as she clearly has a stronger loyalty to her old friend than the party.

Reactions: C R

bobzmyunkle

'Realising she had been rumbled, McGarry, a long-time staunch supporter of Corbyn and treasurer of the hard-left Labour Representation Committee, is alleged to have attempted to hide in a bush'

Hard-left - obviously a bad 'un.

Top Bottom