General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
1716452109577.png

(I prefer the simple CWS posts.)

albion

Guru
Farage was never going to stand, him only ever being in it for the money.
It was more complicated for people like Boris Johnson. Long term, I wonder if the Tories will cull their main cause of disaster. Members such as Rees -Mogg.

Beebo

Veteran
It was more complicated for people like Boris Johnson. Long term, I wonder if the Tories will cull their main cause of disaster. Members such as Rees -Mogg.

Here is my prediction.
Immediately after losing the election Sunak resigns and calls a by-election.
Johnson gets parachuted into his safe seat as the king over the water.

Ian H

Legendary Member
https://x.com/christopherhope/status/1793382405203456276
Wow! Extraordinary but true - some furious Conservative MPs are tonight working on a plot to CALL OFF the general election by replacing Rishi Sunak as leader before Parliament is dissolved next Thursday. One rebel Tory MP tells me he believes “several” more letters of no confidence in Sunak have been submitted to 1922 chairman Sir Graham Brady. The senior Conservative MP told me: “Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted. “In other words, if enough Tory MPs, who are clearly going to lose their seats in this already utterly shambolic campaign, write to Sir Graham Brady, tomorrow , the election could still be revoked.”

Top Bottom