Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Obviously Nicola Thorp will have more sense than to waste time and effort suing him for calling her a racist, but what a huge waste of time, court space, and money, these cases are though. Just vanity endeavours because somebody wants to be Billy big bollocks on Twitter.
I almost wish she would though.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes, no doubt. I don't know if the complainants were crowd funded and didn't have to risk their own funds, but it shouldn't be underestimated the awful emotional stress protracted cases like this cause. If he appeals it will drag on for another 6 months or a year.

Seriously?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes, seriously. From the link you yourself posted yesterday:

Screenshot_20240130_131545_Chrome.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes, seriously. From the link you yourself posted yesterday:

View attachment 5401

Yeah.

Perhaps I quoted the wrong bit. Possibly.

This is what I was aiming at:

"Obviously Nicola Thorp will have more sense than to waste time and effort suing him for calling her a racist, but what a huge waste of time, court space, and money, these cases are though. Just vanity endeavours because somebody wants to be Billy big bollocks on Twitter."

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
What do you object to? These cases over social media posts cause stress to all the parties. There was no need for it to have gone so far. A deletion and apology would have resolved it but LF insisted on having his narcissistic day in court, so now they've all had 2 years of stress and financial worry for something that would have been forgotten after a fortnight if he'd seen sense.

By NT having more sense I don't mean that she is a racist and therefore wouldn't win a case against him, if that's what you're suggesting. I mean that she likely wouldn't spend 2 years of her life on a court case based on a throwaway 'You're a racist' post like that, which whilst stupid and offensive is a very different scenario to specifically being called a paedophile.

Ian H

Guru
What do you object to? These cases over social media posts cause stress to all the parties. There was no need for it to have gone so far. A deletion and apology would have resolved it but LF insisted on having his narcissistic day in court, so now they've all had 2 years of stress and financial worry for something that would have been forgotten after a fortnight if he'd seen sense.

By NT having more sense I don't mean that she is a racist and therefore wouldn't win a case against him, if that's what you're suggesting. I mean that she likely wouldn't spend 2 years of her life on a court case based on a throwaway 'You're a racist' post like that, which whilst stupid and offensive is a very different scenario to specifically being called a paedophile.
Remind me what's offensive about calling Fox a racist.
blackfox.jpg

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I didn't say he wasn't a racist. I said NT probably has more sense than to spend 2 years and tens of thousands of pounds on that specific Tweet where he called her a racist. The 'offence' was to her btw, so I'm not sure why you think this is about whether or not it's offensive to call LF a racist or not.

Ian H

Guru

D

Deleted member 121

Remind me what's offensive about calling Fox a racist.
View attachment 5402

Christ almighty. That looks like my dad in the early 80's!

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
???? Yes, it's a stupid and offensive post that he Tweeted. He's calling her a racist and then he invited her to sue him. It would be mad to spend years and £££k's on a libel case over a throwaway post like that though. And he knows it, which is probably why he posted it. I doubt he'll chuck the paedophile allegation around so easily again though.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes, and I didn't say it was offensive to call him such because obviously such allegations depend on the specifics of particular Tweets. I did say it's offensive for him to yesterday chuck out the same name calling as a throwaway comment on Twitter. I don't even know what you're complaining about at this point tbh as we all seem to agree he's an unpleasant arrogant idiot with more money than sense.

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru
Yes, and I didn't say it was offensive to call him such because obviously such allegations depend on the specifics of particular Tweets. I did say it's offensive for him to yesterday chuck out the same name calling as a throwaway comment on Twitter. I don't even know what you're complaining about at this point tbh as we all seem to agree he's an unpleasant arrogant idiot with more money than sense.

Ah. I thought you were referring to the original shout.
It was worth posting that photo though.

Top Bottom