Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't god throw his toys out the pram and drown everyone to death, and then start again with some nice incestous action from Noah's offspring?
God’s a wrong ‘un, and no mistake.

Beebo

Veteran
Didn't god throw his toys out the pram and drown everyone to death, and then start again with some nice incestous action from Noah's offspring?

And the flood was just 10 generations after Adam.

I can’t be bothered to do the maths but that’s not many people in 250 years.

And Noah was 600 years old. So would have been older than Adam. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Caption competition time.

IMG_4143.jpeg

All uphill

Send me money so I can buy this poor child a new pair of trousers.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
... Ancient Greek works, detailing how they vary and how no single translation can be regarded as definitive.
In the case of the disputed translation here the source Hebrew is most unlikely to ever change, and the translation is not obscure. A Greek version from 270 BC can shed light on how native speakers understood the text.
Utter nonsense. Where do you get your information from? Kent Hovind?
No, it came from Roger Price, founder of Chichester Christian Fellowship. I chucked it into a creation thread here once not having checked it myself, and NickM (remember him?) did look it up as being a plausible claim.
Do you believe either the universe or human life was created 6000 years ago?
Gen 1 v 1 tells you that time, space and matter had a beginning (not the Creator!) but in the unspecified past. Everything is there at the end of v1, what follows is a description of how this was formed into a solar system and inhabited earth. Literal events in symbolic and poetic language, symbolic numbers like 3, 7 10 and later 40. The point is that God created designed and formed everything, not how long it took.

The wooden literal 6 day version of say Answers in Genesis is of comparatively recent origin (sorry!), and is not the only interpretation held, and not imo required by the text.

Personally I hold to the special creation of man in the image of God, and therefore not simply an advanced animal.

I don't have enough faith to believe in unguided evolution. 😁
I can’t be bothered to do the maths but that’s not many people in 250 years.
The period from Adam to the flood was over one and a half millenia, ample time for a large and relatively civilised population to develop.

Incest, btw, only finally became unlawful under the Law of Moses, a huge time later, and in the same place a man was forbidden to lie with a man as with a woman!

Bazzer

Personally I hold to the special creation of man in the image of God, and therefore not simply an advanced animal.
So is this special creation of man one of an early homo sapien, one of the bipedal hominids that evolutionists consider preceded homo sapien, or one of the sterotypical Jesus/God images which adorn churches, etc?

All uphill

In the case of the disputed translation here the source Hebrew is most unlikely to ever change, and the translation is not obscure. A Greek version from 270 BC can shed light on how native speakers understood the text.

No, it came from Roger Price, founder of Chichester Christian Fellowship. I chucked it into a creation thread here once not having checked it myself, and NickM (remember him?) did look it up as being a plausible claim.

Gen 1 v 1 tells you that time, space and matter had a beginning (not the Creator!) but in the unspecified past. Everything is there at the end of v1, what follows is a description of how this was formed into a solar system and inhabited earth. Literal events in symbolic and poetic language, symbolic numbers like 3, 7 10 and later 40. The point is that God created designed and formed everything, not how long it took.

The wooden literal 6 day version of say Answers in Genesis is of comparatively recent origin (sorry!), and is not the only interpretation held, and not imo required by the text.

I don't have enough faith to believe in unguided evolution. 😁

The period from Adam to the flood was over one and a half millenia, ample time for a large and relatively civilised population to develop.

Incest, btw, only finally became unlawful under the Law of Moses, a huge time later, and in the same place a man was forbidden to lie with a man as with a woman!

Maybe we should start a new thread for myths, superstitions and fairy tales?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom