Meat is (climate) Murder....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
All you need is a tin-opener.

In praise of the simple life....

D

Deleted member 49

A restaurant review https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/dec/16/saltie-girl-london-w1-restaurant-review-grace-dent
If you’re a fan of John West tinned anchovies, sardines and mackerel, it is beyond doubt that this leap in quality to suppliers such as Ortiz, Olasagasti and Groix & Nature will be life-enhancing, for these are the Rolls-Royces of the tinned fish world and the epitome of simple deliciousness. But Saltie Girl has simply opened the ring-pull and charged a big mark-up.
I read that review at the time.
Off topic but I reckon,well I know a lot of the time people can be blagged with food.Ive worked at enough supposedly high end places in my time to see it happen,and make it happen 😁
I remember also watching a TV programme about wine and them colouring white wine to red and visa versa...most of the experts hadn't a clue...Ive necked 100 quid bottles of wine and refilled with cheap plonk and nobody was ever the wiser.Except my mate the wine waiter lol.
Should of really said it made me think about meat and substitutes.My mum would be "I'm not eating that" about meat substitutes.But can't tell you the amount of times she's eaten veggie Lasagne or Bolognese and been non the wiser.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudsticks

Squire
Stove? With all that magma lying around?

Excellent lateral - uber lightweight backcountry gnarl - thinking there Mr Turnip 🌋
Here in Devon we find Ambrosia is ambrosia....
Mmm rice pudding..
Cold straight out of the tin..
All you need is a tin-opener.
Tin opener??

Who can afford a tin opener in these straightened times??

Just a metal spike and a biggish pebble will do the trick surely 💪🏼

D

Deleted member 49

Think of the Obesity epidemic!
I still put Strawberry jam in it....you think I'm. worried about weight !
Think of the NHS....cut fingers !
Who hasn't come in at night bolloxed and tried in vain to get the rice pudding open.

mudsticks

Squire
Now, now - the poor woman is getting enough stick already.

I mocketh not, the struggle is real 😇
Whilst passing through The Basque country., in the absence of the proper tool, we had to open a couple of tins of cassoulet with a titanium tent peg, and a rock.

There hadn't been any 'proper' shops open when we passed through a village for resupply, so ended up buying and porting a couple of very tasty (but rather heavy) tins of bean and mutton artisanal deliciousness, from a local farm shop for lunch for a couple of days.

Oh the travails of the trail 🙄

D

Deleted member 28

One la
i care about none of those things on a forum....couldnt give flying fark. Only sad low life's worry about those things...

take a look in the mirror, looking back at you, sad low life

One last effort,

You may not care about coming over as stupid, illiterate, uneducated and just basically full of shyte but you then go on to insult and abuse others by accusing them of being exactly what you are!

You really are a phenomenon Whittaker boy.

mudsticks

Squire
One la

One last effort,

You may not care about coming over as stupid, illiterate, uneducated and just basically full of shyte but you then go on to insult and abuse others by accusing them of being exactly what you are!

Sorry Shep, did you somehow think you had exclusive rights on this kind of behaviour.??

Pretty sure there's nothing explicit in the NACA T's and C's that states there's only one resident troll, allowed at any one time :unsure:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
One la

One last effort,

says the Pole Dancer.....no education needed for your job, just a thick head and you certainly have one of them.

Top Bottom