Meat is (climate) Murder....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Whilst I understand people reacting against those who want to regulate or want the govt to regulate every detail of their lives including their diet, why does changing to a veggie or vegan diet meet so much resistance? It's not that difficult to cut out or cut down meat and dairy if you consider that overall this is better for the environment. Is it can't change or won't change?

There's plenty of can't and won't, and lots of "i really don't care" too.
Plus there's a certain sort of 'red blooded male' :rolleyes: who sees eating meat as part of his whole machismo schtick too .

Cultural considerations around diet can't be discounted as unimportant, how and what we eat are a big part of our upbringing and relate us to our families and communities.

Of course some people actively choose to change their diets for all kinds of health, and other reasons.

The broad consensus is that from an environmental pov, we'd be better off eating less meat and dairy in quantity, but if we are going to eat those things raise them in better systems of production.
Well grazed herbivores can be a useful fertility and soil building element of mixed farming systems - contributing to the health of arable crops as well .

Generally its easier to persuade people they might try to eat a bit less meat and to pay attention to where it comes from , rather than to suggest they should give it up altogether.

classic33

Chief lying troll is back…..full of shoot as usual.
You sure?
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/deleted-pictures.287375/post-6800632
You lied then and continue to do so here.

You'll have checked your posts of the 1st of January this year?

She were right, and continues to be right

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
There's plenty of can't and won't, and lots of "i really don't care" too.
Plus there's a certain sort of 'red blooded male' :rolleyes: who sees eating meat as part of his whole machismo schtick too .

Cultural considerations around diet can't be discounted as unimportant, how and what we eat are a big part of our upbringing and relate us to our families and communities.

Of course some people actively choose to change their diets for all kinds of health, and other reasons.

The broad consensus is that from an environmental pov, we'd be better off eating less meat and dairy in quantity, but if we are going to eat those things raise them in better systems of production.
Well grazed herbivores can be a useful fertility and soil building element of mixed farming systems - contributing to the health of arable crops as well .

Generally its easier to persuade people they might try to eat a bit less meat and to pay attention to where it comes from , rather than to suggest they should give it up altogether.

So its only red blooded males, that eat meat is it???

like the saying goes “how do you know someone is vegan, because they tell you every 5 minutes”

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I remember seeing a vegan say it would be better to reduce meat consumption across the population by 80% than achieve a much smaller reduction by insisting on total abstinance, as it were. This would still achieve most of the health benefits, fewer strokes and heart attackes, less diabetes. All or nothing is counterproductive.
like the saying goes “how do you know someone is vegan, because they tell you every 5 minutes”
^_^ There is an awful lot of truth in that. There is also the tendency to be self-righteous.

As a family we moved away from meat eating for various reasons a long time ago, but had to ban talking about food and diet as it can come to dominate every mealtime discussion.

classic33

fark off troll…..thats not even the post were are talking about. fark me, you really are some kind of stupid.
But you've stated you never made the post in question!

I gave an example of you lying, that you can't alter.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

The best meat I ever ate was here. On honeymoon in Colorado, just down the road from the bed and breakfast with the hummingbirds hovering around your head, and up the road from Silverton where we'd been delayed by the Iron Horse bicycle race and where we'd return by steam train the next day. Sitting at the grill on the ranch with children running around and a band playing as the sun began to set over the valley. The greatest, most succulent and delicious burgers you could ever hope for, perfectly cooked in perfect surroundings with perfect company.

https://jamesranch.net/

I sort of go about my life knowing that I've had the greatest meat eating experience of my life and nothing else is ever going to live up to it.

mudsticks

Squire
I remember seeing a vegan say it would be better to reduce meat consumption across the population by 80% than achieve a much smaller reduction by insisting on total abstinance, as it were. This would still achieve most of the health benefits, fewer strokes and heart attackes, less diabetes. All or nothing is counterproductive.

^_^ There is an awful lot of truth in that. There is also the tendency to be self-righteous.

As a family we moved away from meat eating for various reasons a long time ago, but had to ban talking about food and diet as it can come to dominate every mealtime discussion.
Well as a non vegan I'd say we need to cut out all the factory farmed meat altogether.
It's horribly polluting to the environment in so many ways, in addition to the animal welfare issues.

And reintegrate livestock back into mixed farming systems where they can really benefit ecology, nutrient recycling, and help to to build carbon sequestering, soil full of biology.

We will need to eat less meat on the whole as a population, but it will be better for us because it will be food from a healthy system.

The whole 'how do you know someone is a vegan?' joke is really tedious tired old bollocks that stopped being even mildly funny about six years ago.

Still I'd expect nothing less on the humour front from this forum 🙄

Many of my friends and colleagues are vegan as their own personal choice, I respect their choices, we often share vegan food together.
But they also respect my choice to be a conscious omnivore, who eats and raises animals because they understand the bigger picture, and can see that the systems I'm running make sense as a way of producing high welfare food for those who are going to still eat animal products.

mudsticks

Squire
The best meat I ever ate was here. On honeymoon in Colorado, just down the road from the bed and breakfast with the hummingbirds hovering around your head, and up the road from Silverton where we'd been delayed by the Iron Horse bicycle race and where we'd return by steam train the next day. Sitting at the grill on the ranch with children running around and a band playing as the sun began to set over the valley. The greatest, most succulent and delicious burgers you could ever hope for, perfectly cooked in perfect surroundings with perfect company.

https://jamesranch.net/

I sort of go about my life knowing that I've had the greatest meat eating experience of my life and nothing else is ever going to live up to it.

Well it was your honeymoon, so what do you expect, you old romantic you..

Devon raises some pretty fine and succulent cattle too though.
Ruby Reds are very tasty 😋

There's even the original (?) Silverton not that far from here..

So you never know..
Maybe you could recreate the moment on a special occasion..

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Well it was your honeymoon, so what do you expect, you old romantic you..

Devon raises some pretty fine and succulent cattle too though.
Ruby Reds are very tasty 😋

There's even the original (?) Silverton not that far from here..

So you never know..
Maybe you could recreate the moment on a special occasion..

We could try but I left my heart in the San Juan mountains.

classic33

Well as a non vegan I'd say we need to cut out all the factory farmed meat altogether.
It's horribly polluting to the environment in so many ways, in addition to the animal welfare issues.

And reintegrate livestock back into mixed farming systems where they can really benefit ecology, nutrient recycling, and help to to build carbon sequestering, soil full of biology.

We will need to eat less meat on the whole as a population, but it will be better for us because it will be food from a healthy system.

The whole 'how do you know someone is a vegan?' joke is really tedious tired old bollocks that stopped being even mildly funny about six years ago.

Still I'd expect nothing less on the humour front from this forum 🙄

Many of my friends and colleagues are vegan as their own personal choice, I respect their choices, we often share vegan food together.
But they also respect my choice to be a conscious omnivore, who eats and raises animals because they understand the bigger picture, and can see that the systems I'm running make sense as a way of producing high welfare food for those who are going to still eat animal products.
Would this include not feeding silage to cattle. The run-off from it being toxic, the cause of the increase in blue algae bloom where it does reach open fresh water. On top there's the plastic, that'll take years to rot down. I'm still finding nylon baling cords that were used over forty years ago.

D

Deleted member 28

all i can see is some thick fark from yam yam country, thinking hes clever, but is really just a special kind of thick, who believes he has the intelligence to converse with people on this type of forum. The only reason people speak to him, is to make themselves feel better, knowing there is someone else thicker than them replying back…

the only reason your alive, is because some nurse scraped you up off the floor in the sperm bank, when she dropped the test tube. Now do us all a favour and fark off.

I ask again, is English your first language?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

Of course i would have to change, from eating meat and dairy, to not or lowering the eating of meat and dairy. That means change, in diet and lifestyle….and to be honest, i like lifestyle and diet i currently have.

At least you might lose some weight you fat c**t!

Top Bottom