Runners and riders for the Tory Party leadership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Billions are spent on attempts to make people feel bad if they don’t provide the latest junk for themselves and their families. It’s hardly surprising that it often works.

That’s quite apart from wondering why a working mum should be looked down upon for taking her kids away to Butlins for a few days. Isn’t it more relevant to ask why she’s so poorly paid?

Did I say I looked down on Butlins?, been there myself.

Not enough information in the article to tell if payrate good or bad

BoldonLad

Why post it then ?

There was a bit more in the article than a visit to Butlins, assuming you read it.

Plus, why assume I disapprove of Butlins, or, any of the other stuff mentioned? I may think they are all jolly good, just as I like a good drink, but, it may raise a note of disapproval if I was irresponsible enough to put my pleasures before say. eating or heating or paying my council tax etc etc

Last edited:
It's click bait ! So what someone blows 400 quid on a holiday at Butlins !
It just deflects about the bigger problems were facing as a country.

It is but it's quite interesting nonetheless. I'm a sucker for those 'manage your money better' shows. Probably because we all enjoy seeing people more reckless with money than we are as it makes us feel better about our own poor habits.

D

Deleted member 49

It is but it's quite interesting nonetheless. I'm a sucker for those 'manage your money better' shows. Probably because we all enjoy seeing people more reckless with money than we are as it makes us feel better about our own poor habits.
I look at a article like that and think really...is this a snapshot of the country 🙄
I'm the opposite....I think more pay people enough to eat and live properly.Feck having to rely on yellow stickers and 2 for 1s.

BoldonLad

I look at a article like that and think really...is this a snapshot of the country 🙄
I'm the opposite....I think more pay people enough to eat and live properly.Feck having to rely on yellow stickers and 2 for 1s.

“The give them more money, and, the problem will go away solution”, if only it were so simple.

D

Deleted member 49

“The give them more money, and, the problem will go away solution”, if only it were so simple.
I said pay people more....cost of living if you've not heard ? You've neither got a opinion or a answer to anything.Must be frustrating and nice.🙄
Did you forget to add you voted Remain.

BoldonLad

I said pay people more....cost of living if you've not heard ? You've neither got a opinion or a answer to anything.Must be frustrating and nice.🙄
Did you forget to add you voted Remain.

Give them more money, pay people more? I don’t see the difference?, so long as the individuals concerned have £ in their pocket, or, on their card.

I do have an opinion, you just don’t want to hear it.

BoldonLad

The article you posted definitely invited that attitude but I didn't suggest you agreed with it.

Working for a decent wage is not the same as being given free money.

But not all of those who are not coping are working, hence, I used “give” rather than “pay”, on the premise that “pay” implied wages/salary.

I encountered waged, salaried, pensioned, benefit claimants. I even encountered some who were in financial difficulty but had more income than me. Of course, being “in difficulty” is a function or income and outgoings.

Last edited:
But not all of those who are not coping are working, hence, I used “give” rather than “pay”, on the premise that “pay” implied wages/salary.

If I ever get to the point of needing to claim benefits I won't consider that I have been given free money, any more than i will when I eventually collect my state pension.

Top Bottom