Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
A harsher person than me might say "he's a fecking sell out,with no self respect"
On a brighter note expect a TV show of some sort..."Paul Mason's Britain, my desperate journey for acceptance" failing that maybe a half hour slot on GB news.

It is the sell out bit I can't work out, what is it in particular that makes him a sell out?

multitool

Shaman
Not worshipping at the altar of Saint Jeremy of Islington

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I assumed it's because he positions himself as fairly left wing (or has in the past, I haven't keep track of where he places his views atm) and now is prepared to be an MP under Starmer and presumably toe the Starmer line. I'm not sure whether that counts as selling out or wanting to effect change from within. I would have thought he might have been against parachuting into seats, but obviously not.

I can't help but get him mixed up with that other Paul bloke who pops up on those 'Remember the '80's' talking head shows explaining how Duran Duran captured the zeitgeist.

Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
A harsher person than me might say "he's a fecking sell out,with no self respect"
On a brighter note expect a TV show of some sort..."Paul Mason's Britain, my desperate journey for acceptance" failing that maybe a half hour slot on GB news.

If anyone thinks the left hate the Tories, that's nothing to how they feel about one of their own who they believe has deviated from the one true path. Lol.

D

Deleted member 49

If anyone thinks the left hate the Tories, that's nothing to how they feel about one of their own who they believe has deviated from the one true path
Maybe anybody remotely left perhaps feels like they struggle to see the difference between right wing Labour and their Tory colleagues ?

multitool

Shaman
No different to the right. If you look really closely you'll see the entire country has had its prosperity and freedom sacrificed to hold the Tory party together.

D

Deleted member 49

No different to the right. If you look really closely you'll see the entire country has had its prosperity and freedom sacrificed to hold the Tory party together.
This you Tool ?
Screenshot_20230326-175153-324.png

multitool

Shaman
Because you are blinded by the divine light of Saint Jeremy of Islington, you can't actually ever see what I write.

Either that, or you are just a bit...err... 'uncomplicated''.

Which is it?

D

Deleted member 49

Because you are blinded by the divine light of Saint Jeremy of Islington, you can't actually ever see what I write.

Either that, or you are just a bit...err... 'uncomplicated''.

Which is it?
Can I be both ?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Maybe anybody remotely left perhaps feels like they struggle to see the difference between right wing Labour and their Tory colleagues ?

Define remotely left? How far is that from far left? What should be the full range of leftness that is acceptable to you?

OK, we get that the Labour Party is not far enough to the left for you, and many others including myself on many issues, but you do not define what the party should be, and if you do not like it there are other parties that would welcome your vote, including some that are more than remotely left.

Or you can continue sulking, of course.

D

Deleted member 49

Fair point.

And I suppose, both is a likelihood
Tool...For someone such as yourself who's prepared to vote for any old sh1te with no idea what they represent may I suggest the Lib Dems ? I feel like you'd fit right in.

multitool

Shaman
Tool...For someone such as yourself who's prepared to vote for any old sh1te with no idea what they represent may I suggest the Lib Dems ? I feel like you'd fit right in.

As I said, you either don't or can't understand what it is I have written.

Top Bottom