Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think he'll be cautious till he wins. He knows he'll be getting in on the backlash to the Tories and he's desperately trying not to frighten off floating voters and those who deserted Labour last time. What he does when he gets in will depend on his majority I reckon. If it's a decent majority he might start being more ambitious with his policies once he's found his feet.

I've been listening to the radio a lot this week and hearing the soundbite comments from politicians on the news it's really struck me how vacuous most of them are, on all sides. I can't remember a time when there were so few prominent politicians who could comment in a meaningful manner on issues. It's all of them but it was Jess Phillips saying something pointless and obvious about the Met this morning that highlighted it a bit. We really are going through a period of hopeless and uninspiring politicians. The US is the same.

D

Deleted member 49

I've been listening to the radio a lot this week and hearing the soundbite comments from politicians on the news it's really struck me how vacuous most of them are, on all sides. I can't remember a time when there were so few prominent politicians who could comment in a meaningful manner on issues. It's all of them but it was Jess Phillips saying something pointless and obvious about the Met this morning that highlighted it a bit. We really are going through a period of hopeless and uninspiring politicians. The US is the same.
Do you honestly think any of the current Labour crop is what we need in politics... there's hardly any of them have a voice or opinion.There absolutely spineless.Scared of being deselected so won't challenge anything.Outside in the real world people are on there arse.Bills through the roof,scared for their jobs.Feck look at Royal Mail in danger of going into administration and have you heard one word of support by the leader of the so called Labour party.The Labour party should stand for workers ! What's the point of it otherwise.

multitool

Ooh look at this
Direct rewenge for the regurgitated attacks on Labour over grooming gangs. Exploits the story this week of the community service rapist.

Gloves off.

IMG_20230406_183640.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

Ooh look at this
Direct rewenge for the regurgitated attacks on Labour over grooming gangs. Exploits the story this week of the community service rapist.

Gloves off.

View attachment 3614

I thought you limp wristed, do gooders would be in favour of not imprisoning these scumbags as surely its not their fault?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
https://www.mmu.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/story/?id=15777

"They may be mocked for being overused, causing eye rolls whenever someone ‘runs them up the flagpole’ at work, but it turns out clichés can be a useful and creative linguistic tool of expression.

Following two years of research, university linguists have discovered that the humble stock phrase is actually used in many, varied and highly creative ways by speakers to signal their identity, their agreement and their group belonging."

multitool

Wouldn't look out of place for a BNP poster....it's shite.

You aren't wrong about that. But it looks like Labour intend to take Cons on in their current preferred battleground, the gutter.

Can't see that as a sensible strategy personally.

multitool

Following two years of research, university linguists have discovered that the humble stock phrase is actually used in many, varied and highly creative ways by speakers to signal their identity, their agreement and their group belonging."

I think we already know which group Shep belongs...

Screenshot_2023-04-07-08-16-07-588-edit_com.facebook.katana.jpg

multitool

W@nkers....the pair of them.

That Labour attack poster is an artefact of Labour (and the Conservatives) chasing the votes of their archetype of social conservative Leave voters. This is where they (and the Tories) perceive their crucial battleground to be. On that basis, and with polls in mind, it looks like Labour are winning.

D

Deleted member 49

That Labour attack poster is an artefact of Labour (and the Conservatives) chasing the votes of their archetype of social conservative Leave voters. This is where they (and the Tories) perceive their crucial battleground to be. On that basis, and with polls in mind, it looks like Labour are winning.
It's a fecking joke how these goons think they have the moral high ground over the left of the Labour party...seems like nothing is too low for them.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom