Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
Fascism :laugh:

This is not a fascist country, in any way. There might be a creep towards authoritarianism, but we still have a multi-party representative government, an independent judiciary, a press that can write what they like and the right to say what we like.

Fascism. Lol.

There was an anti-monarchy protest on Saturday, despite the arrest of the six people, so this wasnt an attempt to shut down all protest. The police messed up and admitted they'd messed up. They had a new law they were expected to police. Frankly, as much as I think they can be truly shït at times, on this occasion I think they were in a difficult position. It was redolent of the covid lockdown laws, when different forces were trying to work out how to interpret them, and some went too far. We all cheered when Boris got fined, though, didn't we :rolleyes:

What would have been the reaction if a bunch of people had seriously disrupted the procession? It's really easy to be an armchair critic with the benefit of hindsight, and no actual pressure.

The social democracy in the Weimar Republic also thought that pandering to the populists would keep a certain austrian at bay. It didn't quite work out.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The social democracy in the Weimar Republic also thought that pandering to the populists would keep a certain austrian at bay. It didn't quite work out.

godwins-law1.png

The Crofted Crest

Fascism :laugh:

This is not a fascist country, in any way. There might be a creep towards authoritarianism, but we still have a multi-party representative government, an independent judiciary, a press that can write what they like and the right to say what we like.

Fascism. Lol.

There was an anti-monarchy protest on Saturday, despite the arrest of the six people, so this wasnt an attempt to shut down all protest. The police messed up and admitted they'd messed up. They had a new law they were expected to police. Frankly, as much as I think they can be truly shït at times, on this occasion I think they were in a difficult position. It was redolent of the covid lockdown laws, when different forces were trying to work out how to interpret them, and some went too far. We all cheered when Boris got fined, though, didn't we :rolleyes:

What would have been the reaction if a bunch of people had seriously disrupted the procession? It's really easy to be an armchair critic with the benefit of hindsight, and no actual pressure.

WTAF, Mults?! People come on here for a random scattering of pottymouthed abuse not this poshboy centrist dribble.

Sort it.

D

Deleted member 49

Cracked one off more like, after the weekend I can see why people think the popularity of the Royals is wearing off. You clowns!
Pretty quiet for a bank holiday here....anyway I'm sure you enjoyed yourself.
Did Penny with her sword still do it for you ?

multitool

Cracked one off more like, after the weekend I can see why people think the popularity of the Royals is wearing off. You clowns!

But the question is can those who support the monarchy actually explain why, in cogent sentences, without resort to tired old platitudes about tourism which, curiously, nobody ever seems able to support with numbers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

But the question is can those who support the monarchy actually explain why, in cogent sentences, without resort to tired old platitudes about tourism which, curiously, nobody ever seems able to support with numbers.

It doesn't really matter why though does it, what matters is that Millions seem to enjoy all the celebrations and have a good time and those that don't continue to convince themselves that the Monarchy is coming to an end.

Just wait 'till William has his turn they'll be more popular than ever.

D

Deleted member 28

Pretty quiet for a bank holiday here....anyway I'm sure you enjoyed yourself.
Did Penny with her sword still do it for you ?

I was watching Wolves beat the Vile and secure Premier league football next season so yes I did enjoy myself.

multitool

It doesn't really matter why though does it, what matters is that Millions seem to enjoy all the celebrations and have a good time and those that don't continue to convince themselves that the Monarchy is coming to an end.

Just wait 'till William has his turn they'll be more popular than ever.

Well, given that it is part of our constitutional system, it does matter. It isn't all about "enjoyment". Given the willingness of the Queen to pay off somebody with fully believable accusations that Prince Andrew was involved in sex trafficking, there are real questions as to the suitability of this family to represent this nation. There are plenty of other very good reasons why a monarchy is a bad idea, and very few reasons to think it is a good one.

Given that the majority of young adults do not value the monarchy, this is a demographic crisis in the making.

I firmly believe what you saw last weekend you will not see again.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well, given that it is part of our constitutional system, it does matter. It isn't all about "enjoyment". Given the willingness of the Queen to pay off somebody with fully believable accusations that Prince Andrew was involved in sex trafficking, there are real questions as to the suitability of this family to represent this nation. There are plenty of other very good reasons why a monarchy is a bad idea, and very few reasons to think it is a good one.

Given that the majority of young adults do not value the monarchy, this is a demographic crisis in the making.

Given the ages of the participants, I think we may well see a Wills and Kate bash, but, I suspect, not much more than that.

Personally I am not a supporter of the monarchy, but, that doesn’t mean I want a revolution and heads roll. I am quite happy to see the monarchy fade away into obscurity and history.

I have no reason to suppose that any elected head of state would be in anyway superior, given our current crop of elected representatives, and, those waiting in the wings to take their place.

D

Deleted member 28

People like you spew the same old sh*t out year after year and then a Royal wedding comes along or a jubilee or a funeral or a coronation and most of the nation turns out in their millions to celebrate and you just look like d*cks again.

A few idiots turn up to spoil things and get f*cked off pretty sharpish without anyone noticing and it all carries on.

Top Bottom