Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What a surprise. AndyRM turning up to have a stir.

Not really, just an observation.

If you'd like, here's my opinion on the Labour party: they committed political suicide for me several times over, long before Starmer: encouraging Scots to vote Conservative, appointing Jim Murphy as the leader of the Scottish branch and not backing Corbyn.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Not really, just an observation.

If you'd like, here's my opinion on the Labour party: they committed political suicide for me several times over, long before Starmer: encouraging Scots to vote Conservative, appointing Jim Murphy as the leader of the Scottish branch and not backing Corbyn.

It's fundillymundilly farked.

multitool

"I have not been given any reason as to why I didn't make the longlist, despite union backing, which should have guaranteed my place," said Maya
https://labourhub.org.uk/2022/06/21/statement-from-maya-evans/
Meanwhile....
I'm presuming Mandleson will be on borrowed time ?

View: https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1671389415334109185?t=rrJxZu8TpCTjpP3XBF3pog&s=19

Another of Adam's weird posts contrasting someone who failed selection to be a candidate for a constituency election a year ago and a man who isn't even in the parliamentary party.

multitool

I mean if this is another of Adam's attempts at having a bash at Starmer then it's just odd. Mandelson was put in the Lords by Gordon Brown, a full 6 years before Starmer even became an MP.

Far funnier is the fact that Starmer's middle name is 'Rodney'.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Another of Adam's weird posts contrasting someone who failed selection to be a candidate for a constituency election a year ago and a man who isn't even in the parliamentary party.

Are you saying that Mandelson is still not influential at the top levels of the Labour Party?

From an interview with the Oxford student newspaper:

“MH: What motivated you to return to Starmer’s Labour in the early days in an advisory role?

PM: What do you mean return to? I never left!”

Adam‘s point, which, aiui, highlights Starmer’s Labour’s approach to mimicking Blair rather than Corbyn. I happen to believe that there is not a lot wrong with this, as long as we don’t invade the Middle East again, but there is nothing weird in the comparison he is making.

multitool

Starmer’s Labour’s approach to mimicking Blair rather than Corbyn.

What, as in actually getting elected rather than delivering the biggest defeat for almost a century? :laugh:

Yeah. Adam will hate that. Getting elected doesn't matter. Being a student politics protest party is where it's at.

D

Deleted member 49

What, as in actually getting elected rather than delivering the biggest defeat for almost a century? :laugh:

Yeah. Adam will hate that. Getting elected doesn't matter. Being a student politics protest party is where it's at.
I've never said I don't want them elected though ? I've never done student politics either..I'm always about what they represent.But crack on.
Apart from the fact he is comparing apples and oranges, no.
Sharing a stage with ken loach stops you from a career in the labour party,maintaining contact with a international paedophile/sex trafficker is ok?
You keep on using the word weird....🙄

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I really don't get this "student politics" line. Corbyn is an accomplished politician who was, as far as I can tell, totally betrayed by his own party and ripped apart by the media who seemed more focussed on his clothing and depth of his bow than anything actually substantial.

multitool

I really don't get this "student politics" line. Corbyn is an accomplished politician

"Accomplished"?

He's never once held anything other than a backbench MP position. Literally nothing.

The utter lunacy of electing a man with no leadership experience of any sort as leader played itself through to where we are now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom