Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Tool the one who thinks Corbyn is living rent free in everyones head lol....except it's you who keeps banging on about him 🤣

Yeah, errr....Adam, babe.
Nobody brought Corbyn's name into it until Andy did

I really don't get this "student politics" line. Corbyn is an accomplished politician who was, as far as I can tell, totally betrayed by his own party and ripped apart by the media who seemed more focussed on his clothing and depth of his bow than anything actually substantial.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I mean Corbyn getting an award from. a village hall in Bromley that has a title so easily confused with THE Ghandi Peace Prize, that actually means something, and the Sean Who? award that nobody has ever heard of, is just so... well, Jeremy Corbyn :laugh:

I've got a cycling proficiency badge. I reckon that pretty much puts me on a par with Saint Jeremy.

Just because you hadn't heard of Sean Macbride until today doesn't mean nobody else had...

multitool

Just because you hadn't heard of Sean Macbride until today doesn't mean nobody else had...

Lol. Like you had.

The 'Sean Macbride Award' is pretty much unknown.

Unlike you, I've done some research and it transpires it has only ever had two small mentions in newspapers. It's a bullshìt award that means nothing.

Again, very typically Jeremy Corbyn.

Turns out that Sean Macbride himself was an IRA head of intelligence who passed British military and industrial secrets to the Soviets.

How fitting that Corbyn should receive an award in his name.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Lol. Like you had.

The 'Sean Macbride Award' is pretty much unknown.

Unlike you, I've done some research and it transpires it has only ever had two small mentions in newspapers. It's a bullshìt award that means nothing.

As it happens, I had, not that I have to justify myself to you, but I actually have an interest in politics beyond Googling stuff to score meaningless points on a tiny sliver of the internet.

multitool

As it happens, I had, not that I have to justify myself to you, but I actually have an interest in politics beyond Googling stuff to score meaningless points on a tiny sliver of the internet.

...which is in itself an attempt to score meaningless points on a tiny sliver of the Internet.

I've edited my previous post to add details about Sean Macbride. Obviously you will know it already, what with your interest in politics. Just like you knew about the Bromley village hall peace award :laugh:

By the way, I research every claim you post because I don't see why I should take what some random on the Internet says as fact.

Quite glad that I do, otherwise I'd never have known about Corbyn's fake awards.

D

Deleted member 49

Not that I'm really arsed about awards.
I can't really see what the relevance is to what he represents in politics.But maybe take a look at his voting records and how he's usually on the right side for me at least.
Just to boil your piss.

View: https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1671574708377067521?t=mVxZPr8HSPLet8MwM47QBA&s=19

AndyRM

Elder Goth
...which is in itself an attempt to score meaningless points on a tiny sliver of the Internet.

I've edited my previous post to add details about Sean Macbride. Obviously you will know it already, what with your interest in politics. Just like you knew about the Bromley village hall peace award :laugh:

By the way, I research every claim you post because I don't see why I should take what some random on the Internet says as fact.

Quite glad that I do, otherwise I'd never have known about Corbyn's fake awards.

I looked up the Ghandi thing too. It's still an achievement, which is what you'd asked for having claimed Corbyn had none.

Just because you think it isn't relevant is neither here nor there.

Well aware of Sean Macbride's history, thanks though.

multitool

I looked up the Ghandi thing too. It's still an achievement, which is what you'd asked for having claimed Corbyn had none.

It's an award. Not something Corbyn has done. An he was awarded it from a group based in a community hall in Bromley.

It means literally nothing.

So lets have some actual things Corbyn has done...

(ps anyone remember when the Corbynites were claiming he'd been instrumental in the NI peace process, then the people involved stepped in and said he'd done FA)

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's an award. Not something Corbyn has done. An he was awarded it from a group based in a community hall in Bromley.

It means literally nothing.

So lets have some actual things Corbyn has done...

(ps anyone remember when the Corbynites were claiming he'd been instrumental in the NI peace process, then the people involved stepped in and said he'd done FA)

There's not really any point, is there? You've already dismissed two things I've pointed out on the basis that you don't think they're relevant.

But OK, just about tripling his majority in his constituency? That's a pretty significant achievement.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Turns out that Sean Macbride himself was an IRA head of intelligence who passed British military and industrial secrets to the Soviets.
Also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient, Lenin Peace Prize recipient, and an illustrious international politician (and the son of Maud Gonne, but that's by the by), and a whole lot more besides.

multitool

Also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient, Lenin Peace Prize recipient, and an illustrious international politician (and the son of Maud Gonne, but that's by the by), and a whole lot more besides.

True.

But from my brief perusal I can't actually find any connection between Sean Macbride and the people awarding peace prizes nobody has ever heard of using his name.

Top Bottom