Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
So, rather than cut spending, you redirect spending?, but, who decides what is “productive” spending (there are as many ‘right’ answers as there are economists), and, some changes take time to produce results (education and training spring to mind immediately), this may have cash flow implications. Your personal story is heartening, but, the outcome may have been luck, rather than wise choices. No disrespect intended by the way.
My outcome was down to a good business plan and a lot of hard work. Scale that to a national economy and the implementation is vastly more complex. But what is your alternative?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
My outcome was down to a good business plan and a lot of hard work. Scale that to a national economy and the implementation is vastly more complex. But what is your alternative?

Sounds like something from the Iron Lady's book of speeches.

I don't have an alternative, I agree with your thinking. But, who decides what is "a good business plan", good for whom?, and, I like to think I am wise enough to recognise that many factors are beyond my control.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Sounds like something from the Iron Lady's book of speeches.

I don't have an alternative, I agree with your thinking. But, who decides what is "a good business plan", good for whom?, and, I like to think I am wise enough to recognise that many factors are beyond my control.

A sound, sensible government. That's not the Tories, who knows if it could be Labour.

Reactions: C R

bobzmyunkle

Those concerned, as I am, about tool's rolling meltdown (Mult's Melt? Will we get an album of jazz piano from it?) rest assured I've asked my rellie from the cu-de-sac behind to check in on him, make sure his fridge's stocked and bedding changed, signpost him to statutory and voluntary sector support, perhaps encourage him away from the computer and out for some forest bathing, maybe sit and read to him from Jordan Peterson's latest if his busy substance-abusing schedule will allow..
Whether it'll help or not..? I guess we'll find out.
You do what you can.
Come on, he just needs a bit more roughage in his diet. I'd also recommend a quiet walk round the block, but maybe not given the 'hood he lives in.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A sound, sensible government. That's not the Tories, who knows if it could be Labour.

Yeah, been waiting 75 years for one of those ;)

• Sad
Reactions: C R

multitool

Junkie update:

Heard today from the volunteers who run the community shop (from which junkie woman is banned, but junkie man still shoplifts because the over 70s who man it are too scared to confront him) that a while back the junkies offered to volunteer behind the counter in order to "give some thing back to the community". :laugh:

Prîcks like Bobsawanker, Rusty Fails and Andy the Freak, will be along soon to say it never happened. Fozy will post some oh-so-clever self-satisfied gibberish.

I will sit back watching them make utter fools of themselves, because of course the only person here who knows the truth is me.

Have at it internet-sadsacks

Last edited:

multitool

Oh look, as if by magic, bottom-dweller Bobsawanker has popped up for a snipe :laugh:

Yeah. Really self-righteous, aren't I.

Top Bottom