Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Best I can do there is the release of London Calling by the Clash.

That must trump anything else that happened.

I would say Permanent Waves by Rush, but that wasn't actually released until January 1980.

So it's Days In Europa by The Skids.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yes, srsly

An opportunity for more Sun bashing?

The 70's were not a good time. Except for the birth of my children, I can't think of anything good about that decade.

Last edited:

multitool

An opportunity for more Sun bashing?

The 70's were not a good time. Except for the birth of my children, I can't think of anything good about that decade.

Well there was disco, Corona, and that amazing summer...but apart from that, yeah, pretty shoot. Useless Labour government, strikes everywhere, enforced power cuts etc etc.

Politically, I don't believe it was more democratic. Bit of rose-tint going on

D

Deleted member 49

Screenshot_20230721-180421-578.png

theclaud

Reading around the chip

pretty shoot. Useless Labour government, strikes everywhere, enforced power cuts etc etc.

Christ. Get the boomer bingo cards out, lads! We've not had 'the dead went unburied' yet.

multitool

Christ. Get the boomer bingo cards out, lads! We've not had 'the dead went unburied' yet.

I'm not a boomer.

But I was there in the 70s, and I remember how crap it was.

Still waiting for you to tell us how decades you never lived were better than now.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I'm not a boomer.

But I was there in the 70s, and I remember how crap it was.

Still waiting for you to tell us how decades you never lived were better than now.

a) I was alive for most of the 70s, and b) that's not what I said - I merely posited a start-point for when the current hegemony took hold.

Top Bottom