Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Another Private Eye column.
IMG_20230726_183623192.jpg

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Another Private Eye column.
View attachment 4311

I am only upto page 15, could you do a spoiler alert, in future, please

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Driscoll is a class act. Whilst it's satisfying to watch him roast Blairite ghouls like McTernan on flagship news programmes, are the Starmer advocates/apologists hereabouts not a teensy bit worried about Labour's prospects in the mayoral contest, and what a defeat in North of Tyne might mean for Starmer's 'strategy'.

View: https://youtu.be/RzNSjTu3WN4

D

Deleted member 49

People like Driscoll and Lynch rarely look bad in interviews,mainly because they aren't evasive and have nothing to hide.

multitool

Driscoll is a class act. Whilst it's satisfying to watch him roast Blairite ghouls like McTernan on flagship news programmes, are the Starmer advocates/apologists hereabouts not a teensy bit worried about Labour's prospects in the mayoral contest, and what a defeat in North of Tyne might mean for Starmer's 'strategy'.

View: https://youtu.be/RzNSjTu3WN4

You called?

To be blunt, the mayoral contest of North Tyneside is not exactly headline stuff. It might grab the attention of a handful of Corbynite obsessives who disseminate it on social media (eg Novara) but I doubt it will entice enough potential Labour voters to abstain or vote elsewhere.

Pale Rider

Veteran
and what a defeat in North of Tyne might mean for Starmer's 'strategy'.

No one around here, apart from a few political activists, could give a stuff about the mayoral elections.

Labour will win by default, so I doubt the result will tell you anything one way or the other about Starmer's leadership.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
People like Driscoll and Lynch rarely look bad in interviews,mainly because they aren't evasive and have nothing to hide.

I mean, I've not yet left the party (cos that's what they want, innit), but if I were a Labour member in the region I'd be actively campaigning for Driscoll, and I'm definitely going to donate to his campaign. I don't imagine I'm alone.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You called?

To be blunt, the mayoral contest of North Tyneside is not exactly headline stuff. It might grab the attention of a handful of Corbynite obsessives who disseminate it on social media (eg Novara) but I doubt it will entice enough potential Labour voters to abstain or vote elsewhere.

Forget the framing - it's the only place I could find the video with a quick Google. This was Newsnight.

Top Bottom