Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

The Tottenham Hotspur chairman once tried to justify the prices by saying it was no dearer than a West End show.

Fine as far as it goes, but in the West End you are guaranteed a world class performance, whereas at White Hart Lane you are jot guaranteed anything of the sort.

Starmer doesn't bother me much one way or the other, but the fact he's a Gooner is not in his favour.
I'm surprised you don't warm to him Paley...Straight talking normal bloke, football and the smell of horseshit and fresh cut grass,man of the people etc.....

multitool

Going to be interesting to see what Stafmer does now that we are 12 months out from likely GE.

He has very effectively detoxified the Labour party, removed the stench of Cobyn's fûckwitted populism, and starting to line up what looks to be a credible team.

I suspect the core messages will start to be distilled into policy, but not too soon. The focus needs to be on the crumbling Tory party for another 4 or 5 months. Judging by previous election cycles I think in the Spring we will start to see how they intend to shape the future. I suspect it will not be to the liking of those who still clutch to the belief that money is still free in an economy where national debt now exceeds GDP, and borrowing costs are higher.

multitool

Those who were seduced by Corbyn's empty populism are, naturally, furious about it.

For the rest of us, the Labour party is no longer a joke party, and there is a subtle shift in the media towards treating them as the next government.

For the rest of us, the Labour party is no longer a joke party, and there is a subtle shift in the media towards treating them as the next government.

Meet the new government, same as the old government.

View: https://youtu.be/SHhrZgojY1Q

C R

Über Member
Choice quote from Marina Hyde in her guardian column today

... What matters is that the system is totally dysfunctional, and that there is absolutely no compelling plan for how to fix it, much less deliver the radical overhaul it needs, from either of the main parties. Unless he gets one, we’ll be back here or somewhere similar under a Keir Starmer government – maybe that’s why the leader of the opposition only ever speaks like he’s managing your expectations.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-keegan-arse-sitters-education-secretary-tory

multitool

Saying the system is dysfunctional and needs overhaul is easy. Anyone can do it.

Prescribing a solution is not so easy.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Those who were seduced by Corbyn's empty populism are, naturally, furious about it.

I thought "the media" was a bad thing?, right wing scumbags and all that?

Top Bottom