Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

Vote Green...according to Tool though nobody else has the knowledge 😂

View: https://twitter.com/TheGreenParty/status/1699429824782119369?t=55cX9xHE7Jhj9HMKIY2asA&s=19

multitool

D

Deleted member 49

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Who are the wealthy? How are you going to Tax them and by how much? What are negatives consequences of doing this?

I know my memory is not what it was, but, I feel that question has been asked a few times before. Wasn't answered then, and, I very much doubt it will be answered this time either. ;)

D

Deleted member 49

I know my memory is not what it was
I thought that's why you kept you're spreadsheets/old gas bills on the computer?
Wasn't answered then, and, I very much doubt it will be answered this time either. ;)
Anyone earning say above 100 grand can afford to pay a little more tax to help others,would you not agree ? Im sure they'd like better public services themselves.

BoldonLad

I thought that's why you kept you're spreadsheets/old gas bills on the computer?

Anyone earning say above 100 grand can afford to pay a little more tax to help others,would you not agree ? Im sure they'd like better public services themselves.

Hurrah, we have an answer. Take note @multitool please. That 5% of the population are going to have to do some heavy lifting simply to fund Blackpool. ;)

As of 2020, approximately 2,500 households with annual income over £100,000 pa, according to the census data.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...han100000inlondonandukfinancialyearending2020

Not sure I actually believe those figures by the way, since I personally know at least four such households ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Hurrah, we have an answer. Take note @multitool please. That 5% of the population are going to have to do some heavy lifting simply to fund Blackpool. ;)

As of 2020, approximately 2,500 households with annual income over £100,000 pa, according to the census data.
You don't think anyone should pay more tax ? Odd that you think it should only be for Blackpool,personally I'd share the extra around to those in need.
I've a idea call it progressive taxation,it could go up with the more you earn.

BoldonLad

You don't think anyone should pay more tax ? Odd that you think it should only be for Blackpool,personally I'd share the extra around to those in need.
I've a idea call it progressive taxation,it could go up with the more you earn.

Where did I say that I didn't think anyone should pay more tax?

I. don't think it should only be for Blackpool, Blackpool was an example, since you had already quoted the size of their budget cuts.

Last edited:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...han100000inlondonandukfinancialyearending2020

Not sure I actually believe those figures by the way, since I personally know at least four such households ;)

Those figures are nonsense and probably wrong by three orders of magnitude. The spreadsheet also says it’s 8% of households nationwide, 16% in London, which does sound plausible.

BoldonLad

Those figures are nonsense and probably wrong by three orders of magnitude. The spreadsheet also says it’s 8% of households nationwide, 16% in London, which does sound plausible.

I did say I didn't believe the figures.

But, if we add three zeroes, it still gives approximately 2,500,000, even at that level, some heavy lifting required.

My point is, some truth and accuracy would be nice, both in terms of by how much increased taxation is required, who is going to pay said tax (and, I don't mean vague crap like "the wealthy").

Having raised all of this money, how is it to to be "invested", rather than simply "spent"

Please note, I would like to see such facts from who ever is asking for my vote, not just Starmer.

Last edited:
I did say I didn't believe the figures.

But, if we add three zeroes, it still gives approximately 2,500,000, even at that level, some heavy lifting required.

Well it’s closer to the right ballpark, I think. If 2,500,000 is 8% that gives a total number of households of about 31,000,000. ONS says 27,800,000 which is pretty close.

Top Bottom