Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
And Israel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/13/opinion/israel-military-war.html

Yet no choice really, the only other option being prison.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
D

Deleted member 49

Starmer, Lammy and Thornberry are all complicit in my eyes. I said before that I would reluctantly vote Labour if I had to in order to keep a Tory out. No longer. I would rather have another five years of Tory government in this country than endorse the genocide of Palestinians.
I almost feel sorry for them they're so weak.Im warming to the Tories 😲
After legally threatening Starmer.....Crispin Blunt has now physically assaulted Andrew Bridgen for calling him a "terrorist sympathiser"

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirrus

Starmer, Lammy and Thornberry are all complicit in my eyes. I said before that I would reluctantly vote Labour if I had to in order to keep a Tory out. No longer. I would rather have another five years of Tory government in this country than endorse the genocide of Palestinians.

Erm… aren’t the Tory government supporting Israel?

multitool

In the grand scheme of things I doubt very much that Emily Thornbery equivocating or not will influence the Israelis that much.

The PM of the UK much more so. And this is the person Wimjim would like to see in power for another term. Makes total sense.

And back in the land of the sane, it is very clear that leaders cannot choose their words on the basis of what they think Israel might do. And now that the Israeli response is taking shape we are seeing that leaders are responding to what Israel is doing.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If someone explicitly says they're going to commit a war crime, it's best to tell them that it's bad before they do it in the hope that they might be dissuaded. You don't wait until afterwards because by then it's too late and a load of people are already dead.

This isn't about something Israel might do, this is about something Israel absolutely said it was definitely going to do.

And back in the land of the sane, it is very clear that leaders cannot choose their words on the basis of what they think Israel might do.
What? Are you saying that nobody should warn against a course of action but simply react after the fact?
And now that the Israeli response is taking shape we are seeing that leaders are responding to what Israel is doing.
I used to think that the Captain Hindsight jibe was a little unfair. You seem to see it as a positive attribute.

multitool

What? Are you saying that nobody should warn against a course of action but simply react after the fact?

I used to think that the Captain Hindsight jibe was a little unfair. You seem to see it as a positive attribute.

They have constraints upon them that you and I do not.

Top Bottom