Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
No, he hasn't.

You are hearing what you want to hear

Mr Pot ...

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Not very personal is it? Somebody commented regarding this whole debacle that Starmer is fundamentally unsuited to dealing with it because he's not a politician he's a manager, and political parties don't work in the same way as departments which require managing.

So in that letter he's written 'Labour will continue to...' when really he should be saying 'As leader of the Labour party I will...'. I dunno, maybe that's not much of a difference but it seems significant to me.

I still don't see any real criticism of Israeli actions there. It's very much weighted the other way. That small excerpt is certainly not sufficient for me to change my opinion.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Oh no. Jiminy Crymblins has forced Starmer to be pro-genocide by inconsiderately being opposed to it. Why would he do this?!

Screenshot_20231019-083515-145.png

albion

Guru
Which proves that antisemitism was just a stick to beat Corbyn with, and nothing to do with actual antisemitism.
Labour too. And look where it has brought us.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
On the contrary. Starmer has had to tread on eggshells because Corbyn's ineptitude allowed the the Labour party to be stigmatised as antisemitic. And the point is it didn't even need to be true.

I would suggest that tiptoeing round the issue of genocide for fear of being labelled as antisemitic is itself antisemitic. Starmer needs to step up a bit.

multitool

I would suggest that tiptoeing round the issue of genocide for fear of being labelled as antisemitic is itself antisemitic.

I'm not sure how logic gets you to that endpoint.

It's one of those tricky things because Israeli actions WILL bring all the antisemites to the yard (loads of them in the muslim world, for a start). But that, of course, does not mean criticism of Israel is anti-semitic, and it annoys me to a considerable degree that Israel, and its many shills, exploit this.

Having said that, I am not Jewish. And therefore I don't view everything with the cultural weight of centuries of persecution and a massive genocide in living memory.

And therein lies part of the problem. I don't think either community, or indeed people outside of the communities, understand each other at all.

multitool

LOL. That's an odd way of describing going on an authoritarian rampage to crush dissent in your own ranks and then clamouring to offer public endorsement of one of the world's nastiest regimes as it announced its intention to commit war crimes.

Sorry, perhaps I haven't been clear enough.

Had to tread on eggshells over Israel.

Also, you'll notice he never repeated his "I think they do have that right" answer to any question about water and power shut off, even though he was interviewed by several news outlets within minutes on the same day.

Why do you think that is? Surely if he was endorsing it he would have repeated it, no?

I suspect that answer he gave was about Israel's "right to defend itself", which as a concept I agree with, because if I didn't it would mean I felt Israel should not exist.

He then qualified that right by saying "within international law", which naturally means no war-criming.

Of course, all the reflexive Corbynites (like you) will seize upon the confusion to claim Starmer is pro war crimes. But this is GBNews level bullshìt, and you should know better.

Top Bottom