Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru

Rusty Nails

Country Member
People like Bolders and Rusty would wring their hands a lot about why can't they all just get on.

Don't bring me into your petty little battle . I think Corbyn was an idiotic choice for the leader of a major party with any sort of ambitions of power and, Starmer has turned out to be, well I am not sure what he has turned out to be other than an over-cautious would-be chameleon, who will probably end up as leader of a Labour government. I know it will not be a Labour government that meets your aspirations, but that horse rode out of town as a result of Corbyn's ineptitude and the collective rush of blood to the head that put him there, and grown ups know you can't have everything you want in this world.

Contrary to what you seem to think with that trademark, pathetic little throwaway comment, I don't give a toss, and certainly don't wring my hands, about why the Labour Party have this constant in-fighting but just accept that for many years that has been the natural order of things. It comes and goes just like night and day. There is nothing wrong with people not getting on, especially in politics, it keeps people on their toes, as long as discord is not a strategy of the arrisholes on both sides of the party to gain the upper hand, and is not turning off the people that really matter...the voters.

The world can be a very nasty place and all of the nastiness is, has always been and always will be caused by people and no amount of political "isms" will change that, nor will people "just get on" and, tbf, the Labour Party's problems pale into insignificance compared to the troubles in the rest of the world.

Rant over, you just carry on being you.

multitool

Pharaoh
3ye9au.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip

multitool

Pharaoh
LOL. Mahoosive backpedalling from Wes as it's dawned on him that Muslim voters alone can swing Ilford North against him. TBH the prospect of him losing his seat at the next election is the one thing keeping me going.

View: https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1752402690397577663?t=SFLHdhpufGHg2ViA9S-Rlw&s=19

I don't know if it's such a shift. Labour were calling for talks for a 2SS from the start.

You might be right, they might be responding to the muslim bloc critique, but the change makes sense either way and was foreseeable. I can see why a major party with considerable political constraints could not openly accuse Israel of things it had not yet done, but had to wait until it was undeniable. I think that might be what we are seeing now.

Top Bottom