Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru

Every election year, Labour announce all these wonderous ideas, solutions, commitments. Then soon as they come under any scrutiny, they either drop them or double down.

The ones they take to the polls are usually so fanciful the general public see straight through them.

Conservatives are no better, they make half reasonable promises and fail to deliver, so might as well be fiction.

Thank goodness I don't vote anymore- so disappointing all parties

D

Deleted member 121

Every election year, Labour announce all these wonderous ideas, solutions, commitments. Then soon as they come under any scrutiny, they either drop them or double down.

The ones they take to the polls are usually so fanciful the general public see straight through them.

Conservatives are no better, they make half reasonable promises and fail to deliver, so might as well be fiction.

Nah, Things haven't been the same since Nick Griffin was expelled from the BNP.

When you've been out of power for as long as Labour they probably have no idea of the state of the finances of each department and what they can do. I'd rather they just said that than made vague soundbites about what they are going to do that don't really mean anything. Really I'd rather all the parties made one or two simple but specific commitments that can be achieved than the empty slogans we get now.

D

Deleted member 121

When you've been out of power for as long as Labour they probably have no idea of the state of the finances of each department and what they can do. I'd rather they just said that than made vague soundbites about what they are going to do that don't really mean anything. Really I'd rather all the parties made one or two simple but specific commitments that can be achieved than the empty slogans we get now.

We could download each parties manifestos and weigh up what suits our political leanings more. We might actually have a better country if everyone did. But realistically, how many voters actually do this? A lot of politics is based on tradition. I vote x party because my dad did. Some will out right admit that others just do it because they do. The w4nk slogans we get now are to attract voters like CXRAndy who likely only read the headlines that get pushed to his mobile device without reading the substance and cross checking facts. Which helps get shite journalists a job and even worse, terrible politicians. Shame paley has disappeared again because he'd hate that I once again criticise his village advertiser profession.

I think there's just a lack of engagement and interest in politics in general now. Plus a widening gulf between different economic classes in society that makes people think 'I'm doing OK, I'm not really interested in what's happening to x, y, or z, whether they are richer or poorer'. All of which makes it much harder to change the status quo of course. Huge trust issues between the electorate and parliament/politicians too. Perhaps they were all just as crap years ago, we just didn't have the internet to tell us about it.

Ian H

Guru
Screenshot_20240209-101234.png

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Don't vote?

STFU then.

icowden

Legendary Member
That gif from a man too frightened to go to London.... :laugh:

Although talking of scaredy cats, I just got this comic through the letterbox:-

original_2af2df90-8f12-439b-9349-6bc5f3556952_PXL_20240208_155846502.jpg

This is from our MP Candidate John Cope. Sadly John has forgotten which party he represents and couldn't get hold of the party masthead or logo to include. Apparently multiple MPs are producing these things.
The best joke is the one about Sunak strengthening the economy...

Top Bottom